PGP FILE

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
irishrandy26
2007 Views, 14 Replies

PGP FILE

Hey guys/gals,

What would prompt my .pgp file to stop working. I have been using the same .pgp file for years and all of a sudden it doesn't work. I have been messing around with dynamic blocks a lot lately and also have been creating .lsp files but I haven't (that I know of) messed with any setting to turn off my .pgp file. Is there a way I could set back to default on accident? The .pgp file is correct but it isn't recognizing it.

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dmfrazier
in reply to: irishrandy26

"The .pgp file is correct but it isn't recognizing it."

Please explain.  Do you mean none of the shortcuts work, or only certain ones?

If you enter this on the commmand line: (findfile "acad.pgp"), does it find the file in the path you expect, or a different one?

If it's different, you may have lost (or gained) a path in your Support Files Search path (perhaps by loading a different profile?). 

Message 3 of 15
irishrandy26
in reply to: dmfrazier

I typed in (acad "findfile") and AutoCAD found the correct file. I haven't made any changed to the .pgp file within the last few days but yet this just started happening late yesterday maybe early today.

To answer your question the basic commands still work but the custom commands I have entered and have used for years aren't working. Really slowing my progress today...

Here is what I get when I type Findfile

Command: (FINDFILE "ACAD.PGP")
"C:\\Users\\randyc\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad
2010\\r18.0\\enu\\support\\ACAD.PGP"

I attached the .pgp file I am using but you will have to change the file extension to .pgp instead of .txt.

Message 4 of 15
irishrandy26
in reply to: dmfrazier

Well now that I am trying to use my custom commands I realize that some of the commands I have created are working and other aren't. One that I use a lot is C for Copy. It is drawing a circle. But if I type WT it works perfectly.

Message 5 of 15
pendean

Are you adding your desired changes to the bottom of the PGP file?
AutoCAD loads the bottom of the list last, so if C is one thing at the top and C is something else at the bottom of the list the bottom version rules.
Message 6 of 15
irishrandy26
in reply to: pendean

Yes I have added everything I want to the bottom. If you look at the file you can see this. What would make some commands work and others not? When they are all in the same file...

Message 7 of 15

Hi,

>> One that I use a lot is C for Copy. It is drawing a circle.

Looking into your PGP shows me that the shortcut "C" is defined twice ... that's the first thing you should correct.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 15
pendean

Then you have lisp or third party addon that has that letter redefined: PGP entries are ignored then.
Message 9 of 15
irishrandy26
in reply to: pendean

I am not using any third party addon's that I am aware of. How do I check to see if there is something interfearing with my pgp file?

And I have made the adjustment to my pgp file so that c is only defined once.

Message 10 of 15
jggerth1

to quickly check for a LISP shortcut command that may be superseding your PGP definitions, you can type "!C:letters".  so if the misbehaving shortcut command is CC, type an exclamation point followed by a C:CC at the command prompt, then hit enter.

Message 11 of 15
irishrandy26
in reply to: jggerth1

This is what I see...

Command: !C:C
#<SUBR @000000004bc21de0 C:C>

Command: !C:X
#<SUBR @000000004bc29c00 C:X>

I am not sure what this means...

Message 12 of 15
jggerth1

It means that the shortcuts C and X have been programmatically defined, probably via LISP in ACAD.LSP or ACADDOC.LSP, possible in a .MNL file that gets loaded with a menu, possibly somewhere else. So those LISP defined commands will get found and run before Acad gets around to looking at the pgp definition.  PGP is the last place acad looks before bowing out and returning "Unknown Command"

Good hunting:  you can search for the string "(DEFUN C:C " to find out where that's happening

on my setup, the C shortcut runs the crcle command (per the pgp file) and if I enter !C:C  the return value is "nil" - which tells me that it's not been defined as a command in LISP.

Message 13 of 15
irishrandy26

I really appreciate your help and patience with me. When I type in "(Defun C:C " it then gives me a block command line. Looks like this,

Command: (Defun C:C
(_>

I don't know wheat to type in here...

Message 14 of 15
jggerth1

just hit ESCAPE to get out of that -- you've started writing a LISP program to defin the C shortcut.

You'll have to do you searching in Windows, not AutoCAD.

Message 15 of 15
irishrandy26

I did some additional research and figured out that it was part of a lispertine. I can't modify that particular lisp because it is used throughout my entire firm but I have just been trying to get used to typing co for copy. Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost