Did you mean: 

PDF Creator Fatal Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Fuscha
1771 Views, 2 Replies

PDF Creator Fatal Error

So I got a problem with a Drawing. I got 2 layouts from the same model space, the first one can be converted just as usual but when I`m trying to plot the second one I`m getting a fatal error. I already tried to copy it into a new layout and tried different PDFcreators such as PDF24 but it`s always the same. There are no special elements or such things in the layout. Ok so I just found out that the problem is the transparency because i can plot it without but i never had that problem before, i even plotted a drawing with transparency today.

(pic of the error attached)

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Fuscha

Hi,

>> tried different PDFcreators

Have you tried the AutoCAD-internal driver "DWG to PDF.pc3"? That would have been my first choice.

>> Ok so I just found out that the problem is the transparency

Plotting with transparency needs a lot more memory, so if you don't need it (if there is nothing transparent) switch it off ... and you get a smaller PDF, with higher quality in less time.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Fuscha
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes I guess the problem is the transparency...I tried with another drawing but somehow AutoCAD got a problem with it. The PDF had 3MB without transparency and 90MB with haha. But anyway thanks for the help.

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost