Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC crashes when opening drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
OhalloD
631 Views, 3 Replies

PC crashes when opening drawings

Rscently upgraded from xp to win 8, re installed autocad 2011.

Now when I try to open a drawing from within autocad my system crashes, I get a flash of horizontal lines then two blank screens.

Tried running narrator but just get static through the speakers, I have to hit the re start button to get back in.

I can open a drawing from explorer if autocad is not allready running, autocad starts and the drawing opens with no problems. but if I try to open another drawing we crash.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: OhalloD

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Sorry for the late response but your post got lost in an orphaned Forum.

AutoCAD 2011 is not supported in the WIn 8 OS. There may never be a clean solution to your issue.

Hopefully you have been able to work this out over the last several months.

If not installing in XP mode may work and others have had luck using a third party software named Longbow.

Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Helllo

+1 with Charles

Or if you have a nice guy into your IT Team, he can build a Win XP Pro SP3 32 bits (with 1.5-2 Gb memory) VMWare

and with VMPlayer you can run it on your Win 8 PC ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jacobwilliamscad
in reply to: braudpat

hI, I was just reading on the Longbow site that they now support AutoCAD 2011 on Windows 8. Just a heads up, in case it helps. I found the text here http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Converter.php

QUOTE: "NEWS! We have now added Windows 8 support for 32bit and 64bit AutoCAD!!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost