AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

g8rrr
Message 11 of 17 (1,331 Views)

Re: Opening multiple DWGS, always opens a new application

09-01-2010 10:43 AM in reply to: uncisbest

i have architectural desktop 2007 installed with windows 7 and i have the same problem

my taskbar and sdi are set to "0"

in windows 7 explorer does not have "tools" or at least i cant fnd it

i found my folders options but when i pick what program to open dwg files i only see autocad.exe

where do i find the autocad launcher? what is the file name?

thank you for your help!

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 12 of 17 (1,328 Views)

09-01-2010 12:07 PM in reply to: g8rrr

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx\AcLauncher.exe

g8rrr
Message 13 of 17 (1,319 Views)

09-01-2010 05:41 PM in reply to: g8rrr

hi, thanks for the help!

the directory acshellex does not exist and the file aclauncher.exe does not exist on my computer?

i even looked in my old 2006 disk since the double click worked there but i couldnt find aclauncher on the cd either?

i was reading another post talking about how the only way to edit dde in the registry and how they control how file types open in windows 7 is with an application called "file type doctor"???

ive read a couple of different methods on how to fix this but i dont seem to have those tabs, directories or files? is this a windows 7 thing? or because im running autocad in "administrator mode" since its got compatability issues with windows 7?

thanks

for your help!

dan

DJMCGEAX
Message 14 of 17 (1,207 Views)

11-17-2010 08:07 AM in reply to: g8rrr

Here's my question...... Why?..... I think the launcher only appeared once I installed Trueview but I could be wrong... But why does the "AUTOCAD Application" not work.. Now you have to Check SDI, Taskbar and mess with Windows folders options and the associated launcher applications, Before u just ran Single or multiple dwg mode... I thought it was supposed to get easier with upgrades... and to add to it all SDI is not in the user documentation or in the System variables. I remembered it from a while back but could not remember the name... Aggggh very annoying... Sorry had to go on a rant.

DJMCGEAX
Message 15 of 17 (1,206 Views)

11-17-2010 08:09 AM in reply to: DJMCGEAX

Oh BTW thx the solution worked for me also.

mddinu
Message 16 of 17 (898 Views)

03-19-2011 05:29 AM in reply to: M_Hensley

Thank u very much!!!!

acadguru11
Message 17 of 17 (854 Views)

04-01-2011 09:01 AM in reply to: M_Hensley

For me, I had to go to Control Panel: Programs: Default Programs: Set Associations, and then I scrolled down to dwg, selected it and hit 'Change program...' at the top. Evidently when I installed the Inventor trial version on my computer it changed my setting from AutoCAD DWG Launcher to AutoCAD Application, so I changed it back. That's it!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube