AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
david.sexton
Message 1 of 3 (443 Views)

Opaque background - MText editor

443 Views, 2 Replies
06-16-2011 01:41 PM

I'm having some issues with MText object in AutoCAD 2011.  The weirdest one is that with the opaque background selected, it will actually cover up the text within the MText I'm editing.  I've attached a bmp below.  In it you can see the MText editor open, but it's blank.  There should be text filling up nearly all of the editor.  Any ideas?

I've also noticed a lot of ghosting issues with MText objects.  Regen won't get rid of them either, but they don't plot.  And if you close out the drawing, and bring it back up, they'll be gone.  I've included a bmp of that as well.  You can see two green, horizontal bars over portion of the model.  It's a ghost of MText object further on down the page.

I didn't see any of these topics listed in the forum, so forgive if they've already been addressed.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: Opaque background - MText editor

06-16-2011 02:17 PM in reply to: david.sexton

Windows version? Video Card? PC specs? Ghosting tends to be a hardware/driver issue, do you have hardware acceleration turned on in R2011?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
david.sexton
Message 3 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: Opaque background - MText editor

06-17-2011 06:49 AM in reply to: pendean

HP Z200 (Intel Core i3, 3.07 GHz, 3.49 GB RAM)

Windows XP Professional

Quadro FX 1800

I turned hardware acceleration on, but made no difference.

I've been using r2010 on this machine for 7 months with no issues with the MText.  It's only been a r2011 problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube