AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

LKlemenc
Message 1 of 4 (742 Views)

Old hatch scale bug still present in Acad2011 ????

742 Views, 3 Replies
04-02-2010 09:44 AM
I just recently reinstalled acad2011 because matchproperties command stoped working and properties pannel didnt show anymore a lot of parameters (for exam. circle radius and diameter) and any changes I made there didn't have any imact on drawing (hatch scale and a lot of others). Newly introduced bugs I guess... I really started to wonder wtf are beta testers doing and wtf is Autodesk doing with this totaly overpriced software (4600 EUR + tax) ??

Well enough of intro I guess, but I'm really pissed off ....

Whenever I open dwg files or on different computer (with same version of autocad) or in newer version of autocad hatch scale gets fucked up.For example (see atached screengrab), on the right side is hatch with scale factor of 1.2. Which is fine. Then I had to reinstall acad2011 (because of the allready mentioned reasons). At first sight everything is looking ok. But if I reset scale to 1.2 (or matchprop any other hatch), hatch gets aprrox. 30 times smaller ????

As I said, I'm getting this everytime I reinstal or upgrade or switch to another computer.

Why is this happening???? Or am i doing something wrong...

[IMG=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1487/acadhatchbug.jpg][/IMG] Edited by: LKlemenc on Apr 2, 2010 6:44 PM
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 4 (742 Views)

Re: Old hatch scale bug still present in Acad2011 ????

04-02-2010 09:57 AM in reply to: LKlemenc
>>>...hatch gets aprrox. 30 times smaller ????...<<<

Perhaps 25.4 time smaller, as in the difference between ACADISO.PAT and
ACAD.PAT? Your file changed metric/imperial, and as in all other versions,
that's a user selection/choice/option.
MEASUREMENT command, not changed in a while.

>>>...I really started to wonder wtf are beta testers ...<<<
>>>>..Newly introduced bugs I guess...<<<
So far it's only an OE issue, and I don't mean Object Enabler.

>>>>.. properties pannel didnt show anymore a lot of parameters ...<<<
Run a Registry Cleaner in Windows?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
LKlemenc
Message 3 of 4 (742 Views)

04-02-2010 10:12 AM in reply to: LKlemenc
Yes I run reg cleaner after every uninstall of software because of all the bloat that is not removed . Do you think that cleaning of registry did that? Because as I said, I clean registry on a regular basis and this is the first time I had problems like that.

I was just googling around and found this MEASUREMENT variable on some other forums. I thought there must be some connection between metric/imperial because of scale factor around 25 ....

But this should be available somewhere in the options dialog not only as some command. I mean if Autodesk is trying to bring acad to new (noob) users (ribbon thing), how are they supposed to know this? Or just make it file dependant not user dependant.

Thank you, best regards
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 4 (742 Views)

04-02-2010 11:07 AM in reply to: LKlemenc
I would only run a Registry cleaner if I'm experiencing issues in Windows.
To uninstall software cleanly, grab a freeware called REVO UNINSTALLER, it's
focused and less likely to do random unrelated cleanup of the Registry.

Also try another freeware called CCLEANER: when I use it, rarely as noted
above, it does not seem to mess with Properties in AutoCAD.

Measurement has not changed in a very long time: it does need updating to be
more user friendly I agree. An alert of some sort would be nice.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube