AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
Snowman427
Message 1 of 2 (1,297 Views)

Object Snap Tracking using the Temporary Tracking Point Procedure Issues

1297 Views, 1 Replies
06-12-2012 01:32 PM

I have been trying to make Object Snap Tracking work with Temporary Tracking Points for some time now. This has been going on for at least the last 3 versions of AutoCAD 2008-2010 and after exhaustive testing I have finally found a way to make it work.

1. Your command window has to be docked or this will not work.

2. Only have one object snap selected and only have the object snap and object snap tracking turned on.

Then start your command (Line, Circle, Polyline etc)

At the command line…

type the option "TT" and space,  (Do not use the option from the right click flyout menu. It will not work)

with your cursor select the desired object snap,

then move the cursor in the desired direction to establish the tracking line,

then type in the distance in the command line (But do not hit the space or <cr> keys.),

then move the cursor off the tracking line,

then move the cursor back on the tracking line to re-establish it,

then hit the space bar or <cr> to accept the distance,

this should create a second tracking line point.

Carefully move the cursor off the first tracking line in such a way as to not re-establish the first tracking line or you will lose your second tracking line,

then move the cursor in the desired direction to establish the second tracking line,

then type in the distance in the command line (But do not hit the space or <cr> keys.),

then move the cursor off the tracking line,

then move the cursor back on the tracking line to re-establish it,

then hit the space bar or <cr> to accept the distance.

This should create your starting point for your command.

Now if you think this is completely nuts, so do I. I have seen this command work properly in videos all over the web, but no one can explain why I have to go through all of this to make this option work.

What am I doing wrong here?

What are the settings and or things I have to have Docked, Changed, Uploaded, Turned off etc..to stop this from happening?

Is this just a lost cause because I know bug reports have been written o this subject for the past 3 year +?

Contributor
forseyc
Message 2 of 2 (1,141 Views)

Re: Object Snap Tracking using the Temporary Tracking Point Procedure Issues

12-03-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: Snowman427

Great!!!!  I just recently made my command line floating as I like the additional screen space with the 'dissapearing' commands.  It was throwing off my tracking points when I typed in any number.  Docking the command line fixed the problem.  

Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube