No block attributes in Quick Properties

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
fk
Advocate
2028 Views, 10 Replies

No block attributes in Quick Properties

Hi.

My Quick Properties does not show my block attributes but they shows in Properties Palette. I have edit Quick Properties in my Custom.CUI that overrides ACAD.CUI settings. I'm using AutoCAD 2012. Some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

\Freddy

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: fk

Seems to work fine here: can you post a DWG where this does not work for you?
Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade

You may need to click the upper right corner of the QP window and Customize this dialog.

At the botton of the Editor that opens for Block Reference you will see Custom and Attributes.

Make sure both are checked.

And then look at everything else you can muck with.

Message 4 of 11
fk
Advocate
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi.

Thanks for any suggestions. There is no option for Attribute under Block Reference in the CUI dialog, see the attachment. We are using enterprise CUI and I try to make my own settings in the Custom.CUI that is located on my drive.

\Freddy

Message 5 of 11
Charles_Shade

No attachment

Normal:

Normal.jpg

Expanded:

Expanded.jpg

Customize:

Customize.jpg

CUI: Quick Properties sub menu

CUI.jpg

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Enterprise CUI may not contain the edits or categories you need (plus you probably cannot edit it in the first place): you need to edit your local CUIx file, that one that must contain all the core abilities not controlled by the Enterprise CUI.

How is your AutoCAD set up with the Enterprise/Local CUIx files combo?
Message 7 of 11
fk
Advocate
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi.

I'm sure I attached the file. I try again.

I'm not able to attach a PNG file. I get this message: "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type". When I try BMP my Reply is posted without the attachment. So I'm not able to attach a bitmap file.

CUI_Attributes.png

\Freddy

Message 8 of 11
fk
Advocate
in reply to: pendean

Hi.

Se picture below.

AutoCAD_Option_Enterprise.png

Message 9 of 11
pendean

You should be trying to edit the "main customization file" and not the "enterprise customization file".

You also seem to be running Civil "as autocad"?, which means you need to be editing the AutoCAD CUIx file and not any 'civil' CUIx file: for this distinction you probably should be posting in the Civil forum for peer support to confirm what you have loaded.
Message 10 of 11
fk
Advocate
in reply to: pendean

Hi.

As you see of my earlier post I'm trying to edit the local CUI (Main).

\Freddy

Message 11 of 11
pendean

If you cannot edit as Charles has shown in his posted screenshots your CUIx is not complete or OOTB, but a very limited custom file.
Can't help you there, you'll have to restore a valid file.

What is the source of your local CUIx file? A modified ACAD.CUIx or someone homegrown at your office?

Of is it the block that needs fixing? Can you sare a DWG with the block in question for us to try? If you can, share your CUIx as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost