CORSAIR CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB (2x4GB) PC10600 DDR3

ATI FirePro V4900 1GB PCIe

WD WD10EZEX 1TB 7.2/64M/S600

SAMSUNG 840 PRO series 128GB 25/S600

SAMSUNG SH-S224BB-BEBE DVDRW 24x SATA 

be quiet! System Power 7 350W

Windows 7, 64-bit

I have a student version of AutoCad 2012, with the following drivers installed:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=1...    (version 12.6)

When I first installed the program, everything went well, presentation quality rendering was incredibly fast, when changing views aCAD didn't freeze and so on...but I think that I might have had different drivers at that time.

Now, i had some problems and had to format the computer. I've installed the same program (also students version) and the drivers mentioned above...rendering is now almost as slow as on my old laptop, medium render takes almost 2 hours, and sometimes, while rendering, the computer becomes unresponsive - the monitor says no signal, you can't turn off the computer with holding the on/off button - I have to unplug the power cable to shut it down. The same thing happens everytime I use the Adobe Premier (any version). 

Did anyone ever had the same problem? I'm not very good with computers, maybe it's the drivers, maybe I have wrong settings, maybe it's a hardware, I have no idea...does anyone know what is the problem or have any sugestions on the drivers/settings/anything? Thank you

Regards, Katarina

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: katarina92

Sounds like you did not restore the PC correctly to 'factory' condition, plus you are now describing system level issues/problems.

Did your PC come with a factory restore feature or disk? Is it a brand, or a home-build?
Message 3 of 3
katarina92
in reply to: pendean

It's a home-built computer, so the OS was also installed at home...I think everything was restored correctly, since all previous files were deleted, and the OS installing was the same as the first time... plus the problem with Premier crushing the computer was there before restoring the system as well, and I think the renders were made to quickly before for this to occur - it happens cca. after an hour and a half when rendering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost