Did you mean: 

NVIDIA Quadro K4000 with AutoCAD 2011 Poor Performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jjpatino
1779 Views, 3 Replies

NVIDIA Quadro K4000 with AutoCAD 2011 Poor Performance

Hello All. 

I just upgraded my computer... Bought a Dell Precision T7600; 32GB RAM, Intel Xeon CPU e5-2620 @ 2.0GHz (2 prcoessors) w/ NVIDIA Quadro K4000 graphics card. 

Just turned on my AutoCAD 2011, and the performance is the same as my ****ty Laptop! So dissapointed. I spoke with DELL support because its an Autodesk "certified" computer, and got nowhere. Went to NVIDIA website and downloaded a 200mb driver... and still not seeing any noticable difference. Also, in my performance log, it says that my driver is not certified...!?!?!?

The file i'm working on is VERY slow when I 3DORBIT and PAN, and is USELESS when i try to scroll in and out, its SOOOO sluggish. 

I turn on the GPU and CPU monitor and they are hardly spiking... max at 20%

I contacted my autocad reseller and they said its probably related to the file, and there is a TON of detail (but that's why I bought this system!!!). They recommended I use more Xrefs, cause the ones I do use, when opened up, they work great. 

The file is only 6mb. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jjpatino

Windows 7, Vista or XP? 32bit or 64bit?
Did you download and install an Autodesk provided/certified driver? If yes, which one? If not, why not? NVIDIA doesn't write AutoCAD drivers.

2Ghz is barely above the minimum requirements BTW, regardless of cores: that's a server chipset you got, doesn't do anything for AutoCAD.

R2011 system requirements: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

Using XREFs is great general advice.
Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: jjpatino

I think it's unlikely the problem is hardware related.  I'm using a 4 year old laptop with a slower processor, a much older Quadro, and half as much RAM as you have and it handles 15MB files with an addtional 30MB of xrefs attached without any issues. 

The K4000 is much newer than AutoCAD2011, and it doesn't appear the Certified hardware list has been updated to include it, so until/unless Autodesk updates the database, it will never show as being a certified device.  That's no big deal, the "Certified" hardware list lags far behind current technology, and there's really no correlation between "Certified" and actual performance anyway.

If the computer can handle other similar files, then the problem likely is with the file, perhaps try WBLOCKing it to clean it up.

Message 4 of 4
jjpatino
in reply to: pendean

I'm using windows 7.

I don't think i have downloaded and installed an autodsk provided driver... can you provide me with a link?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost