Did you mean: 

My Config and Options settings got changed some how and I cannot fix them

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mgreen076
322 Views, 3 Replies

My Config and Options settings got changed some how and I cannot fix them

Okay, so here's the deal. Been working with the same setup on 2012 for quite a long time. I come in yesterday and some how my config settings and options were changed, no idea how, dont really care at this point just want to get it back to the way it was. I noticed this because of a few things:

-I used to be able to have an object selected start a command and it would complete the command with the origional object i had selected... now, i select object, start command, it asks to reselect object.

-In the same fashion as above, i highlight an object, go to change its layer, go to the layers menu on ribbon, drop down, select layer, and now only my current layer state changes, it does not change the layer of selected object, the only way to do this now is through the properties menu

-hatching, i start a hatch, pick the area and hatch style. works great. until i want to go change anyhting about it after its been set, it used to be i select the hatch, the ribbon changes to the hatch properties, at which point i could always adjust everyting from the ribbon, now if i go to adjust anyhting it just starts the default command in which i can only change the hatch properties through the actual command. 

So far i have attempted as such: Copied over other default settings i had put in place on 2 other computers.. that didnt work, i reset my profile in the options menu, that didnt work, Went through the CUI and exported settings from 2 other computers and that didnt work, I am at the end of my rope and it is EXTREMELY frustrating... anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mgreen076

Hi,

if I read your message correct, then it's just the sysvar PICKFIRST that was changed. Change it back to 1 and all of your issues are solved.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I agree with Alfred.  PICKFIRST is also known as Noun/verb selection and can be turned on/off in Tools > Options > Selection > Selection Modes

Message 4 of 4
mgreen076
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

If i could... i would kiss you... thank you so much, that definately worked

i actually scared my co-workers because i yelled with excitement LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost