AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

BasiekF
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

My Autocad open like few diferent apps but than there is only one process...

137 Views, 1 Replies
12-11-2012 07:03 PM

My Autocad opens like few apps (see attachment) and than there is only one process. Nevertheless the process ocupy much space: The sample is for 2d 13.878 KB file. My cad goes really slow and my laptop has 4GB RAM and the system is 64bits Windows 7...

If somebody has a clue what happens thanks a lot for help!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: My Autocad open like few diferent apps but than there is only one process...

12-11-2012 10:08 PM in reply to: BasiekF

Hi,

>> and than there is only one process. Nevertheless the process ocupy much space

To show how much memory is used by this task you should have shown us the "process"-side from the taskmanager :smileywink:

>> The sample is for 2d 13.878 KB file. My cad goes really slow

Well, it could be there are references used like images or xrefs, or you have a quite good structure used with blocks, so the drawing-filesize is small, but it shows a lot of geometry. E.g. I did a sample drawing having less than 100k, but you can't open it on a 4GB/32bit workstation because of it's memory usage.

The most important question now is what exactly do you mean by "cad goes really slow"? What is slow? Cursor hangs, object-selection, object-snaps, loading the drawing, saving the drawing, ...

The other question is: what os do you have and what hardware (processor, memory, graphic card, ..)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube