AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

raul
Message 1 of 4 (2,376 Views)
Accepted Solution

Multileader match orientation to layout?

2376 Views, 3 Replies
11-19-2010 07:48 AM

Is it really so that multileaders cannot be aligned to layout like annotative Mtext? When my technician told me "it's not working", I started to look at it. Spending half a day reading help and googling around I feel like dropped from the moon.

How can I force my leaders to match layout orientation? Using AutoCAD 2011

Attached dwg example of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Raul

Valued Contributor
gwhite
Message 2 of 4 (2,350 Views)

Re: Multileader match orientation to layout?

11-19-2010 12:38 PM in reply to: raul

create a new user coordinate system in the viewport. click inside the viewport to get into modelspace, type ucs, n (for new), v (for view) and enter. If you so desire, you can type ucs again and the s (for save) and give the new ucs a unique name.

Mentor
neaton
Message 3 of 4 (2,325 Views)

11-20-2010 04:08 PM in reply to: raul

Since I usually have only one layout per drawing I use UCS View option. It is easy to change back to UCS World when I am done with text, dims, and mleaders if necessary. I find it saves the step of creating and using a named UCS. If I had multiple layouts in a drawing all using the same alignment then I would use a named UCS.

Nancy

raul
Message 4 of 4 (2,309 Views)

11-21-2010 05:01 AM in reply to: gwhite

Thanks for the workaround. This helps to align leaders to layout, but not update them when viewport is rotated.

So the answer to my first question is Yes, unfortunately. I think annotative leaders in Autocad need further development..

Raul

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube