Did you mean: 

Multi-viel Blocks in solview?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alexander.garber
217 Views, 3 Replies

Multi-viel Blocks in solview?

Hi everybody.

I'm wondering if it is possible to show multiview-blocks in solview/soldraw view ports?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In theory, yes. The MVB would need to have a 3D model, some don't.

A MVB should already contain all of the views that the SOLVIEW/SOLDRAW commands would create, so you might as well set up your viewports to show each side of the block (top, front, side, etc.) instead of going through the extra process. If you need a cleaned up 3D view, there is also the FLATSHOT command.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4

Hej Mary,

thanks for your reply.

My MVB actually contain 3D Objects, but it is still not shown when creating a solview.

As for your approach to use views instead of solview: i want to to do sections, so i thinks it is only possible with solview/draw, is it? (I am working with ACAD Architecture 2010)

kind regards

Message 4 of 4

Try out ACA's Section and Elevation tools located on the Home tab of the ribbon. Here is a link to ACA help on sections. http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/browse#WS64d9a2f0cce095131796abef98...

A majority of the MVBs that ship with ACA are not created with solids, in fact I don't think I have seen one that is yet... So solview wouldn't pick up its entities which are generally 3d faces and AEC polygons.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost