AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
shiney
Message 1 of 5 (267 Views)

Modifying CUI crashes ACAD

267 Views, 4 Replies
04-23-2011 03:58 PM

I have a problem with a partial CUI file that I have created.

When I try editing a particular command, the editor locks up and ACAD evenually crashes (after some sort of timeout?).

I've attached the cui file, and a snapshot of the command  in the tree.

As soon as I select the command, causing it to appear in the Poperties pane, the editor locks up. This means that I can't even delete it and start again, as I can't delete it without selecting it first.

This has happened on both x86 and x64 versions of AutoCAD Electrical 2011. We won't be trying 2012 until I've been able to convert 10,000 lines of VBA to .NET.

Has anyone else seen similar behaviour? If you open my cui file, does the same thing happen for you?

Any help appreciated.

ps. odd that I have to zip the cuix file to post it as an attachment.

markdussault
Message 2 of 5 (183 Views)

Re: Modifying CUI crashes ACAD

07-15-2011 01:12 PM in reply to: shiney

We are having the same problem.  Did you find a resolution yet?

Active Contributor
shiney
Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)

07-15-2011 01:26 PM in reply to: markdussault

No, I haven't been able to find anyone else suffering the same problems, and our local vendor has been no help.

I've been very busy, but when I get the chance, I intend to rebuild the CUI from my backup of the original CUI file.

Hopefully, I'll be able to rename or recode the command that is giving me the trouble.

markdussault
Message 4 of 5 (173 Views)

07-15-2011 01:33 PM in reply to: shiney

We just try to rebuild from scratch today and it didn't work.  We don't think it is the CUI.  It is a glitch in the editor engine, maybe caused by an update.

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 5 of 5 (166 Views)

07-18-2011 04:28 AM in reply to: shiney

I had this problem and discovered that the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\en-US was empty of all the dll files that should have been there. I had AutoCAD 2008 on the machine that worked so I looked at the same folder for it and used that as a guide to see what files should be there. I did a search and found the missing dll files in other folders and copied them to en-US and that fixed it.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube