AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 1 of 3 (503 Views)

Mleader style - Extend Leader to text

503 Views, 2 Replies
02-08-2012 08:16 AM

I have turned off or unchecked "Extend leader to text" (Multileader Style > Modify > Content > Extend leader to text) in all my templates.

Yet, when I start a new drawing using those templates, that feature is turned on (checked) again.

I've tested this several times. Yes, I'm using the same templates I've been saving. I've even created a new template from scratch with none of our standards in it. The check for Extend leader to text keeps returning.

I've tried this in both AutoCAD and Civil 3d.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? Can anyone out there duplicate this?

Thanks,

Lyle

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (494 Views)

Re: Mleader style - Extend Leader to text

02-09-2012 06:14 AM in reply to: hardin

I can't repeat, but I don't have an external profile reloading with my plain AutoCAD 2012 startup (where you are posting): do you (very normal with Verticals like CIVIL, even when run "as AutoCAD")?

Did you ask your peers in the Civil forum too? Worth a second post while you wait here.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 3 of 3 (487 Views)

Re: Mleader style - Extend Leader to text

02-09-2012 07:26 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks for posting the dwg file. I used that as a template and sure enough, the extend leader to text did not appear.

I now know that it has to do with the fact that we "Always Left Justify" and have the "Right Attachment" as "Middle of Bottom Line". See image attached.

Its as if AutoCAD assumes we always want that leader line to extend to the text. We don't because the following code

(setq rvd_block (ssget "X" (list (cons 2 "revdate")))) 

used in one of our Revision Date routines removes that leader line.   Crazy.

See thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/ssget-X-destroys-leaders/m-p/3300033/...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube