AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
yetirawr
Message 1 of 8 (8,667 Views)

Missing fonts (SHX) :(

8667 Views, 7 Replies
02-03-2011 09:32 AM

I have two PCs with Win7 x64 and Autocad 2011 x64 with the SP1, only one has a problem I recently got an important .DWG that shows the error message: missing SHX, etc. (and the options to Ignore, search and a check to always ignore this.) So no problem, I just specify a font and everything shows properly.

The problem is on the second PC, It doesn't show this error message, so these fonts are not shown.

-I have tried the LOAD command to specify the font, but It doesn't accept whatever font I select

-I have used the FONTALT command to also specify a font (used . for none and also selected some other font)

Do I have to restart Autocad after using these commands, to make them work?

I don't use that second PC, maybe the person using it have clicked on "always ignore the missing SHX" and that's why there is no pop-up error message, doesn't matter, what matters is that I need to see what's written in the layout. How can I fix it? perhaps resetting all the Autocad settings but I'll leave it as a last resort, How can I enable this pop-up Missing SHX message? I can't see these fonts and I need to plot this drawing!! thanx for your time

Valued Mentor
wengle
Message 2 of 8 (8,654 Views)

Re: Missing fonts (SHX) :(

02-03-2011 10:02 AM in reply to: yetirawr

You can copy all shx fonts to the other computer OR, do a Repair on the other computer via control panel.

Active Contributor
yetirawr
Message 3 of 8 (8,650 Views)

02-03-2011 10:03 AM in reply to: wengle

actually that font is missing in both PCs, I just select one at random to use instead of the missing one.

How do I repair it? the control panel?

Valued Mentor
wengle
Message 4 of 8 (8,634 Views)

02-03-2011 11:05 AM in reply to: yetirawr

Go to Control Panel>Autocad 2011 and pick Remove. You will have the option to Repair. You will probablyhave to have the dvd handly for autocad to copy whatever is missing.

fivstarelite
Message 5 of 8 (8,255 Views)

03-25-2011 01:09 PM in reply to: wengle

You can reset all messages by going into Options> System tab> click Hidden Messages Settings> check all applicable boxes. Now AutoCad will now ask you all those pesky questions again.

Valued Contributor
mlabell
Message 6 of 8 (7,843 Views)

08-10-2011 11:33 AM in reply to: fivstarelite

Here is how to fix the Windows 7 x64 missing text issue in AutoCAD 2010-2012.  You will need to delete the following file, C:\Windows\Prefetch\PRESENTATIONFONTCACHE.EXE-3C65D73B.pf.  The prefetch file is getting manipulated in a way that will only fail with the presence of a network connection.  We are currently running the delete action with a logon script to prevent the issue from happening again.  Please Autodesk look into why this issue is happening there are many people that have reported the issue.  We had two programmers one Network admin and myself tied up on this issue for several weeks trying to troubleshoot all the nuances of this issue.

Mark LaBell, Jr.
Technical Leader
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
SSOE Group
www.linkedin.com/in/marklabelljr
Valued Contributor
mlabell
Message 7 of 8 (7,794 Views)

08-15-2011 06:51 AM in reply to: mlabell

Update, it appears that I got a little over-excited when posting.  Deleting the .pf file that I mentioned is a red herring.  Deleting it only temporarily prevents the issue from happening.  We are still focused on the PresentationFontCache.exe and not the .pf file as being the culprit, more to come when we have something a bit more concrete.

Mark LaBell, Jr.
Technical Leader
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
SSOE Group
www.linkedin.com/in/marklabelljr
Product Support
luconceicao
Message 8 of 8 (7,763 Views)

08-16-2011 07:01 AM in reply to: mlabell

Hi mlabell,

Let us know what you find out.

As for missing fonts, it is good practice to use eTransmit to collect all the files used in the drawing.

Cheers,

Luciane

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube