Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Portions of Xref File

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
j-mha
307 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Portions of Xref File

I am working in AutoCAD 2011 and when I open a certain set of drawing files a portion of the titleblock, that is xref'd (attached & not overlayed), is missing.  When a follow co-worker opens the CAD files all portions of the titleblock are shown on their AutoCAD screen.  We all have the same version of AutoCAD loaded on our computers.

Even when I xref the titleblock into a brand new drawing file portions of the titleblock are missing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Attached are two pictures showing the issue with the missing portion of titleblock and how the drawing should look when open.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: j-mha

Hi,

how did you create the screenshot "how it should look like"?

The first think I would try is to switch ON and THAW all layers.

The other trial is to run command _RECOVERALL with your drawing to verify, if there is something wrong internally within your drawing database.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
jggerth1

In addition to Alfred's comment, open the XREF dialog, and make sure that everything was _found_.  I'm suspecting a pathing issue and nested xrefs.

Message 4 of 4
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Just a "fast stupid" idea :

Are you sure that you have NOT used ANY Delimtation to yours XREFs ?

Especially difficult to find if you have multiple nested XREFs ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost