AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

felix.iancu
Message 1 of 3 (396 Views)

Mirrored dimensions and text

396 Views, 2 Replies
10-05-2012 10:59 PM

Hello,

Using the same template Text and Dimension style all of the sudden the text is vertical and mirrored and the dimension text is mirrored under the dim line ( above the dim line in normal conditions)

What could be the problem? I did not change anything in the settings, voluntarily, I use this template for years and never had a problem with it till now.

Can anybody help me out? I have spend a few hours searching for a fix. see the bubbled text in the attached PDF.

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (394 Views)

Re: Mirrored dimensions and text

10-05-2012 11:04 PM in reply to: felix.iancu

Hi,

have you verified that the UCS is set to the same direction that the other drawing parts are? It looks like you have set the UCS to look from "behind" to the geometry, so new dimensions seems to be mirrored.

BTW: uploading a drawing creates better answers, seeing the PDF makes it visible, but what happend to your drawing exactly can't be said. So all above is just guessing. :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
felix.iancu
Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Mirrored dimensions and text

10-06-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

oh my God, the minute you mentioned UCS it only took me a second to revert back to WORLD. I never checked that because I never changed the coordinates or view. I always work in 2D and use the same axes and directions.

Regardless of the cause it is all good now and i thank you for that,

have a good weekend,

Felix

PS

Point taken. Next time I will attached the whole dwg. Thanks again

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube