AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ThomasDBA
Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Measurement lines problem

252 Views, 3 Replies
03-01-2012 01:34 AM
Hey there, We've encountered this problem before, but for this particular project the problem is surfacing a lot. The dimension style for our measurement lines comes from a block. Normally you load the block in the drawing (file A), explode it and you can use the different styles for different scales. What sometimes happens is that you explode the block and the measurement lines for different scales become the same size. Normally we would open a new file (file B), import the block and explode it, copy everything from the file (file A) we were working in in the new one (file B) and the different scales would work. Is there another way to solve this? I've tried removing all measurements from the file (file A), purging it and pasting it back. Wouldn't work. Does anyone have another idea? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance! - Thomas
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 4 (178 Views)

Re: Measurement lines problem

03-01-2012 08:27 PM in reply to: ThomasDBA

The dimension style "comes from a block"?  That confuses me.  And it's doing things the hard way as well.  Why not open both drawings and drag the dimstyle from the block drawing directly into the new drawing?

But allow me to ask a more basic question:  Do you have a standard template file containing layers, scales, text, dimension, mleader, table styles, and title blocks?  If not, you should.  Doing so would make your day so much more efficient.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 3 of 4 (152 Views)

03-02-2012 12:35 PM in reply to: ThomasDBA

explore the Design Center, command shortcut is ADC, as a way to import dimstyles, text styles, etc.

*Pro
nestly
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)

03-03-2012 04:48 AM in reply to: ThomasDBA

I know you said you deleted and purged, but it sounds like there was already a dimension style with that name in the drawing, therefore the imported Dimstyle inherited the properties of the existing dimstyle.  The same thing would happen dragging from Design Center however you do have the right-click option(s) to "Redefine"

Can you confirm that those dimstyle names do no exist in the drawing prior to inserting the block?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube