AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
Bruce-T
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

Macro

110 Views, 3 Replies
06-29-2012 06:31 AM

I am trying to write a macro for a button that when I press, it goes to a certain folder on a server.  Normally when you click on the "open" button, it takes you to the last file location.  I want that to be ignored an goes to a certain folder.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: Macro

06-29-2012 06:48 AM in reply to: Bruce-T

Add that folder (and any otghers) to the sidebar on the OPEN dialog box, then just click it when you need it. It's a built-in feature.

You can also delete the ones in the sidebar you don't want, and you can rearrange them too in any order you desire.

Also look into REMEMBERFOLDERS variable and your start-in folder in your AutoCAD launch shortcut for a second built-in option, although I am a fan of the above tip.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
Bruce-T
Message 3 of 4 (100 Views)

06-29-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: pendean

That's great! Thank you. Now, is it possible to write a macro for each folder?

Thanks again.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

06-29-2012 07:36 AM in reply to: Bruce-T

Look up FILEDIA Variable (and turn it off in the amcro, back on at the end of the macro).

Look up OPEN command and test it at the command line with the above variable off, and write down your steps and everything you type.

Now you have the basis for a macro.

Start writing and testing.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube