AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
lumpy_the_great
Message 1 of 8 (264 Views)

Macro's disabled

264 Views, 7 Replies
11-27-2012 07:25 AM

A few years ago, I wrote a VBA macro for my department which takes prints project documents to PDF from our network. This macro proved so useful that nearly everyone in my deparment and several other departments use it.

Now, we have run into a problem. when I launch Autocad2012, the Macro's are all disabled the custom button I created to run the macro does nothing. I can go into the VBA manager and load the macro(It's already in the startup suite but for some reason doesn't load) But as soon as I close Autocad and re-start, the macro's are disabled again.

Anyone have an idea what is happening and how to fix it? I suspect it might be something to do with the company wide security settings for Autocad that my R&D engineering group sets but can'tbe sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mentor
SteveChestnut
Message 2 of 8 (255 Views)

Re: Macro's disabled

11-27-2012 10:40 AM in reply to: lumpy_the_great

Hello Lumpy,

I'd suggest you try installing the AutoCAD 2012 VBA enabler module.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12715668&linkID=9240618

It comes in 32 or 64 bit.  Make sure you install the correct one for your computer.

Good Luck,

Steve

Active Contributor
lumpy_the_great
Message 3 of 8 (247 Views)

11-27-2012 11:44 AM in reply to: lumpy_the_great

I already have this installed on the machine. I can run the macro after I turn on the macros in the VBARUN session. The problem is that they macros get disabled every time I close Autocad or when I re-boot the computer. It is not a problem of not having VBA on the computer it is a problem with the settings between autocad and the macro security.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (235 Views)

11-28-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: lumpy_the_great

Visual Basic Customization Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-Basic-Customization/bd-p/33

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
lumpy_the_great
Message 5 of 8 (231 Views)

11-28-2012 06:10 AM in reply to: pendean

I really don't understand this reply. Are you saying I should post this question in the section you linked to? It doesn't really appear to be appropriate as the problem does not appear to be with VBA but rather with security and the startup suite in AutoCAD.

The issue I have is that when I launch autocad the macro's are disabled. I can go in to VBARUN, load my code. I then get a message box saying that macros are disabled and asking if I want to endable macros. When I click Enable Macros, everything is A-OK until I close AutoCAD and re-launch after which I have to do the same thing again..

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 6 of 8 (228 Views)

11-28-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: lumpy_the_great

Posting in the VBA forum is the better bet to getting an answer.  It is specific to VBA wereas this forum is for everything in 2012.  You're narrowing down the people from everyone that has 2012 (and may or may not use VBA) to only those members of the forum that use VBA customization. 

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Active Contributor
lumpy_the_great
Message 7 of 8 (224 Views)

11-28-2012 07:02 AM in reply to: bgingerich

Thanks Brandon, I appreciate the more lucid response. I'll re-post the question over there.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 8 of 8 (222 Views)

11-28-2012 07:06 AM in reply to: lumpy_the_great

Perhaps ==>

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=2867012&linkID=9240617&siteID=123112

Or are you saying you set this on and it gets turned off each time?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube