AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
CAD_Ninja
Message 1 of 6 (1,755 Views)
Accepted Solution

MText Editor

1755 Views, 5 Replies
01-24-2013 08:51 AM

Okay, I've checked the forum and can't find anything on this subject, so I'm posting a new thread...

A collegue of mine is having an issue with editing MText and I sure as heck can't figure it out. When I double click on my text, the text becomes editible and the formatting toolbar appears above it. When HE double clicks the text, a totally seperate dialogue box appears on his second monitor (sometimes underneath the other monitor's current window) and a less sophisticated formatting toolbar appears above it.

How can we change this so it basically edits "in place". I've tried to mimic it on my machine, but can't seem to find the variable or button to create this.

We are both using AutoCAD 2012 with CADPipe (not that that matters- this is an AutoCAD command, not CADPipe). Windows 7, 64 Bit OS.

Please help!!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (1,734 Views)

Re: MText Editor

01-26-2013 05:47 AM in reply to: CAD_Ninja

Hi,

>> a totally seperate dialogue box appears

And it looks like? .... upload a screenshot, otherwise we don't know what you see, we don't know even if it's an AutoCAD dialog!

>> not that that matters- this is an AutoCAD command, not CADPipe

Well, every application can overwrite the AutoCAD commands and therfor bring it's own dialog instead of the AutoCAD one.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
CAD_Ninja
Message 3 of 6 (1,715 Views)

01-28-2013 04:53 AM in reply to: CAD_Ninja

Yes it's an AutoCAD box.

I cannot upload a screen shot at the moment- the designer is on vacation until Tuesday. What I'm talking about isn't necessarily a "dialogue box"- moreover a seperate editing box. Kind of confusing to explain, but all the other designers, including myself, double-click the text and it opens to "edit-in-place". We edit the text, then click outside the box and it closes. When he double clicks on the text, it opens an editing box seperate from where the text was in the drawing. Does that make sense?

When he returns, I will do a screen shot of his problem. The two screenshots I've attached are of what my machine does and how it reacts to text editing. 

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 6 (1,703 Views)

01-28-2013 05:37 AM in reply to: CAD_Ninja

Are you looking for the MTEXTED variable? Look up usage in HELP.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
CAD_Ninja
Message 5 of 6 (1,699 Views)

01-28-2013 05:51 AM in reply to: pendean

I think that may have done it. I will check with him tomorrow and follow up!

Thank you!!!!

Contributor
CAD_Ninja
Message 6 of 6 (1,652 Views)

01-29-2013 11:31 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

Are you looking for the MTEXTED variable? Look up usage in HELP.

Yes. Set to 'internal' is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube