Trying to set a Phantom line as the property line and also use dashed lines (ACAD_ISO03w100)
I can mess with the ltscale and make it so one or the other reads properly, but never both. The Phantom displays correctly at ltscale: 1, the dashed lines display when ltscale is .1
they are on different layers
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Set LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE & CELTSCALE all to 1.
2. Override all existing linetype scales back to 1
3. In paperspace, load and draw test lines of all possible linetypes, and choose the ones that will work for your situation
3a. If you can't find a linetype that works without having to override its scale, then consider creating a custom linetype that will work at a scale of 1. Test in paperspace because that is how your output will look at 1:1.
4. What's your viewport scale? Go into modelspace and set your CANNOSCALE to match that.
Those two linetype definitions are scaled wildly different. Check out the definition file (Acad.lin). The phantom leading dashes are 1.25 units long, and in the ISO linetype, they are 12 units long.
The only way to use both at the same time and have them display somewhat right would be to adjust the linetype scale of the entities themself for entities that have one or the other linetype. I would just avoid using the ISO ones if possible.
This is what usually saves me:
1 Enter the command MEASUREMENT and set it to 0 (zero - if your drawing is imperial) or 1 (one - if your drawing is metric)
2. Enter the command LINETYPE and then load and reload ALL the linetypes in the drawing.
3. Enter the command REGEN (and PURGE any unwanted layers)
4. Make sure no entities and a physical linetype scale assigned (ie. select all the entities, and within the Property Manager, chaneg all physical LTScales back to 1)
So I have this wiered problem... I have two different drawings. Each of them contain line type DashDot. However, in one of them the scale of the line should be changed into 50 in order to see the line type and in the other it has to be 0.2
So, I have changed LTscale in both of them to 1...and PTSCALE to 1. Then measurement and eveything that you guys have suggested turned into 1...
I also re-loaded the line type in both drawings...
And ofcourse changed the line scale in both to 1.
But no change...
However, in another drawing where my layout/presentation sheet is with both drawings Xrefed into...the PTSCALE is set to 1 and both of the line types appear, however the dash dots are different scale to model drawings!
So can someone tell me what is going on PLEASE?
Try checking the Z values of the lines. If they have different values, they will look "skewed". You can use the Properties Manager to change them to a common value (i.e. 0)
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.