Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype scale in paper space

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
LonesomeJoe
3096 Views, 11 Replies

Linetype scale in paper space

I need help demystifying AutoCAD R2011.  I have an entity in Model Space which has a Phantom Linetype, but in the Paper Space viewport it shows as a continuous linetype.  What is going on???

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

set PSLTSCALE to 1, then run _REGENALL and all should be ok.

If not verify you pagesetup, if there is a scaling activated for plotting.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

Hmmm... thanks for the reply, unfortunately, PSLTSCALE is set to 1, and looking at the Page Setup Manager, I can't find anyplace to set a LT scale for plotting.  My LTSCALE for the Phantom lines in Model Space is set to .1, and the Phantom lines print correctly in Paper Space, though I have no idea WHAT the LTSCALE is in Paper Space.  Could you steer me to the place in the Page Setup Manager where I set the LT scale for plotting?  Thanx.

Message 4 of 12
nestly2

PLTSCALE = 1 automatically adjusts linetype scale according to the Viewport scale.  Could you have a viewport overide changing the linetype display inside the viewport?

Attach a sample drawing if possible.

Message 5 of 12
LonesomeJoe

Here is the drawing.  I can't find anyplace to set or change a LTScale override for the viewport.  I really wish AutoDesk would put out a release of "just AutoCAD", without all the bells and whistles... R12 for example.  We only use Acad occasionally, for stuff like this drawing.  The geometry was already done, and the whole thing should have taken an hour, but I spent twice that long, along with time from two of my drafters, trying to figure out how to work around this linetype scale issue... *sigh*

Message 6 of 12
nestly2

I didn't check the entire drawing, but I believe the problem is that objects on the "Phantom" layer have many various (typically small) linetype scale property overrides, and I believe the reason the linetype scales have been manually over-ridden may be because the linetypes are loaded from the metric line file into an imperial drawing.  Actually, there seems to be a lot of cross-over between metric and imperial components in the drawing.

Message 7 of 12
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: nestly2

Ooookaayyy... let's just go back to square 1... since I can't have my R12 back, HOW do I get a linetype to display properly in the viewport??  I make the linetype in Model Space, and leave the linetype scale at "1".  It DOES display properly in Model Space, but in Paper Space, it doesn't.  What am I supposed to do/set/change/or choke to get it to display properly in Paper Space?

Message 8 of 12
steve216586

Qselect; Linetype; Phantom:

In Properties, change the Linetypescale to 25.4

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 12
nestly2

LonesomeJoe wrote:

Ooookaayyy... let's just go back to square 1... since I can't have my R12 back, HOW do I get a linetype to display properly in the viewport??  I make the linetype in Model Space, and leave the linetype scale at "1".  It DOES display properly in Model Space, but in Paper Space, it doesn't.  What am I supposed to do/set/change/or choke to get it to display properly in Paper Space?

My head is spinning a bit due to the use of metric units/scales in an Imperial based drawing, but the short answer is to use an MS Annotation scale that matches the PS Annotation scale. When the MS scale matches the PS scale, everything is displayed/scaled properly. As near as I can tell, the Imperial Scale that comes closest to your PS scales is 1/64" = 1'-0", so in the demo below, that's the scale I chose. In the future, I suggest using a Metric (iso) template for metric drawings and using the standard scales that come with that template when possible 1:10, 1:40, 1:50, 1:100, 10:1 etc to make scaling easier.
demo --> http://www.screencast.com/t/7lwYThuGN
Message 10 of 12
hattsoff

This usually works for me....

1. Go the layout tab

2. Set the PSLTSCALE to 0 (zero)

3. type REGENALL

Best of luck

-Chris
Message 11 of 12
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: nestly2

The metric units, etc. came from the requirement that the dimensions be metric.  Having never done a metric drawing, I thought (first mistake...) that setting the units to millimeters would do that.  It didn't, of course (I ended up scaling my up by geometry by 25.4) and I forgot to change the units back.  Most of our problems with AutoCAD come from only using it once in a blue moon, and having forgotten how to run it.  That, combined with the mind-numbing complexity that's been added to it since R12....  One of the earlier projects we did resulted in a horrible time moving some of the geometry... that's when we found they'd added constraints to AutoCAD... constraints???? You need constraints, BUY INVENTOR!!

Message 12 of 12
justshutup

since I can't have my R12 back

Draftsight

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost