AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

cvriend
Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)

Liking existing viewports to a sheet set

783 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2012 01:11 PM

I have an existing drawing with numerous viewports. I would like to know if there is a way to link those existing viewports to the set as "sheet views" without having to delete them and re-create them using the normal sheet set process. 

I've noticed that each viewport has a variable in its properties display called "link to sheet view" with a yes or no entry, but it doesn't seem changable. 

Is this possible, or must I re-create them from scratch?

Mentor
ArchD
Message 2 of 4 (780 Views)

Re: Liking existing viewports to a sheet set

10-11-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: cvriend

You can't really import viewports into the Sheet Set Manager. The SSM only reads layouts, so it's possible to have muliple layouts per drawing associated with a Sheet Set in the SSM, but not multiple viewports associated as a specific sheet.

You can also create model views using the 'Model View' tab found in the SSM. Basically, when you have a set of layers turned on for one specific viewport, you use the view command from within model space. Once a view in model space is created, you can then insert that model view to a chosen scale into a layout associated with the SSM. Once you insert a model view in this way, it automatically creates a sheet view associated to it (found in the 'Sheet View' tab), as well as automatically drops in a view label.

Archie Dodge

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Xeon W3550 3.07 GHz
Nvidia Quadro 4000
12.0 GB RAM
cvriend
Message 3 of 4 (777 Views)

10-11-2012 01:24 PM in reply to: ArchD

I know how to set up the new views within a layout from scratch, but in this case I've already got a layout with multiple viewports within it. What I would like to do is translate those viewports into "sheet views" without having to remake them all.

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 4 of 4 (755 Views)

10-12-2012 10:06 AM in reply to: cvriend

Great wish list item!  I would go for it.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube