AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ckbennett
Message 1 of 9 (1,218 Views)

Licensing for one license, 2 computers

1218 Views, 8 Replies
03-05-2010 03:22 PM
I want to install one license for autocad 2010 on one computer and one laptop for one user.
How does this affect the activation code request so it doesn't look like another install on another computer?
*Murph
Message 2 of 9 (1,218 Views)

Re: Licensing for one license, 2 computers

03-05-2010 03:57 PM in reply to: ckbennett
If both of them have internet access look at the License Transfer Utility.

--

Murph
http://map3d.wordpress.com/

"ckbennett" wrote in message news:6349956@discussion.autodesk.com...
I want to install one license for autocad 2010 on one computer and one
laptop for one user.
How does this affect the activation code request so it doesn't look like
another install on another computer?
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 9 (1,218 Views)

03-05-2010 07:13 PM in reply to: ckbennett
If it is a single license simply load on both machines. That what I always do with no questions asked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
*Nathan
Message 4 of 9 (1,218 Views)

03-05-2010 07:38 PM in reply to: ckbennett
Is the licence on subscription?

wrote in message news:6349984@discussion.autodesk.com...
If it is a single license simply load on both machines. That what I always
do with no questions asked.
**Master
dmfrazier
Message 5 of 9 (1,218 Views)

03-09-2010 06:16 AM in reply to: ckbennett
"I want to install one license for autocad 2010 on one computer and one laptop for one user."
Maybe you already got the answer you were looking for, but just in case you haven't (or don't fully understand the issue), you might find at least part of the answer in your software license agreement, a copy of which is normally placed at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\<your product> during installation and is named "License.rtf". You might find Section 3.1.2., "Use Away from Usual Work Location", helpful.
"How does this affect the activation code request so it doesn't look like another install on another computer?"
There's also lots of helpful information about installation, licensing, and activation in the Installation and Licensing Guides accessible from Help (see the Contents tab). If you install and activate an AutoCAD 2010 product on more than one computer it will always "look like another install on another computer". One thing that may not be obvious without the experience that comes from doing this several times is that for a given serial number the "request code" generated by the registration/activation program differs from one machine to another, so there is no way to "trick" the product into activating more than a certain finite number of times. The code can (will) also change if you attempt to re-install and re-activate after changing certain characteristics of the same machine (software or hardware), such as might occur after a "crash".
searsdesign
Message 6 of 9 (1,218 Views)

04-07-2010 08:13 AM in reply to: ckbennett
You are allowed to put one license of AutoCAD on two computers as long as one is a work station and the other could be a home computer. The same person has to be the user on both computers.
Distinguished Contributor
Andrew_K99
Message 7 of 9 (1,218 Views)

04-07-2010 08:40 AM in reply to: ckbennett
I recently called Autodesk about this and as some have stated you are allowed to install one license on two computers, the catch, both computers must be owned by the same company/person. You are not allowed to install it on an office computer and a home computer as mentioned above. You are able to install it for your user on the PC and laptop.

FYI You can install AutoCAD twice for every license you have, so if you have 10 licenses you can install it 20 times before you are warned although it should only be for 10 different users or it violates the EULA.

Andrew
*Bill Gilliss
Message 8 of 9 (1,218 Views)

04-07-2010 08:53 AM in reply to: ckbennett
On 4/7/2010 11:40 AM, Andrew_K99 wrote:
> I recently called Autodesk about this and as some have stated you are allowed to install one license on two computers, the catch, both computers must be owned by the same company/person. You are not allowed to install it on an office computer and a home computer as mentioned above. You are able to install it for your user on the PC and laptop.
>
> FYI You can install AutoCAD twice for every license you have, so if you have 10 licenses you can install it 20 times before you are warned although it should only be for 10 different users or it violates the EULA.
>
> Andrew
>
One addition: companies may allow employees to install copies of
company-owned AutoCAD on personal computers if it is not used for
commercial purposes and if only one copy is made for each license owned
by the company.

A case might be when an employee wants to catch up with a new release,
or to learn advanced features, or to work from home while recuperating
from an illness.
*Bill Gilliss
Message 9 of 9 (1,218 Views)

04-07-2010 08:55 AM in reply to: ckbennett
> One addition: companies may allow employees to install copies of
> company-owned AutoCAD on personal computers if it is not used for
> commercial purposes
EXCEPT FOR COMPANY PROJECTS
> and if only one copy is made for each license owned
> by the company.
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube