Did you mean: 

Layout Template Font Inconsistency

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
losos
1113 Views, 4 Replies

Layout Template Font Inconsistency

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2012 on a work computer. I'm having some difficulty with a layout template file. Currently I'm working on transitioning all of our floor plans for various spaces to a new template that we have.

On existing drawings, when I create a new 'layout from template' and select the desired template, the font gets all "messed up". No longer is it the visually pleasing font we have selected for the template, but instead its the ugly acad standard annotative font, not sure what its actually called. 

However, when I start out with a new acad file and open up the template in that, it's good as gold.

Why is it that my font "resets itself" when I import the layout template to an existing drawing, but not when I use it in a brand new drawing?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have over 50 plans to update, and i'd prefer to be able to just import the new layout template to an existing drawing vs. having to Copy and Paste existing drawings into new Acad files that play nicely with my template.

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: losos

Welcome to the Forums

First things first. Make sure that your 'pleasing' font is installed on ALL your computers that use AutoCAD.

Then try opening your drawings again and see if the problem persists.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
losos
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for replying,

The font we are using is Arial. My understanding is that arial is a universal font, and that all windows systems have this installed. Furthermore, I created the template on the same machine I'm attempting to transition all of our drawings on.

I'm pretty baffled by why this is happening.
Message 4 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: losos

Make sure that the settings for text style you are using are the same for both drawings

eg drawing 1 could have a style called Arial with the font set as Arial.

BUT drawing 2 could have a style called Arial with the font set as Times New Roman.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
losos
in reply to: hwalker

That seemed to work! Thank you ever so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost