AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
troymoore7595
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

LayerStates

133 Views, 1 Replies
05-09-2012 07:28 AM

Does anyone know of a way ?

Example. I have 20 sheets showing the existions condtions of roadway plans. I have setup a layer state for existing conditions.  

CRAP !  I missed one layer that needs to be  turned off  (VP visiblity off) in all existing sheets.   It would be really nice if I could just save the layer state and it updated all of the other existing sheets that had that same layer state

Troy

2012 Civil

Troy Moore
Civil3D 2014
Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit
Intel Xeon E31225 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Product Support
Albert_Rius
Message 2 of 2 (103 Views)

Re: LayerStates

05-14-2012 05:52 AM in reply to: troymoore7595

Hi Troy,

Currently you can export the layer states to a .las file, and then you can import it on all your files  (all with the lman dialog).

There is another option to automatically load all the layer states on every file, you can define all the layer states in a repository folder, and force AutoCAD to load all layer states by default everytime that you open or create a file:

You can edit the acad2012doc.lsp file and add next line at the end of the file, for each .las file that you want to load:

(command "_-layer" "_state" "import" "filename.las" "_yes" "" "")

That will update the existing  states.

Note: that script needs a bit more tuning in case of the state is not already defined...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube