AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

olsoncg
Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Layer Properties not carrying through viewports

459 Views, 3 Replies
04-05-2012 07:51 AM

I have a sheet set with several sheets, each sheet with a viewport that ultimately xrefs to the same base file.  In that base file, I have changed some layer properties (color), but I can't get those properties to show up in the viewports on each sheet unless I go into the layer properties of each viewport on each sheet and change them individually.  On other layers, I have set them to be no plot layers in the base file, but they still plot on the sheets.  I have tried just simply freezing them as well, but they still show up in the viewports.  I have tried viewport overrides, but maybe don't do it properly?  How can I get these properties to translate over to the viewports on each sheet without going through each sheet one by one?

Valued Contributor
FFlix
Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

Re: Layer Properties not carrying through viewports

04-05-2012 09:38 AM in reply to: olsoncg

the VISRETAIN system variable comes to mind, unless you toggled it already: set to 0, the drawing's layer settings take precedence, however, set to 1 and the respective xref settings come through and are saved with the drawing

Distinguished Mentor
thepworth
Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

04-05-2012 10:22 AM in reply to: olsoncg

take a layer snapshot of the viewport setup you like/want and then apply that snapshot to the other viewports. Access from the layer properties dialog box in upper left corner or "LMAN" command.

C3D 2011
Intel Xeon E5630@2.53Ghz
NVIDA Quadro NVS420 Dual Monitor
12GB Ram / Win7 Professional 64bit SP1
Distinguished Mentor
thepworth
Message 4 of 4 (428 Views)

04-05-2012 10:22 AM in reply to: thepworth

(My suggestion is in addition to setting visretain as mentioned in the previous post)

C3D 2011
Intel Xeon E5630@2.53Ghz
NVIDA Quadro NVS420 Dual Monitor
12GB Ram / Win7 Professional 64bit SP1

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube