AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (666 Views)

Layer Properties Manager, slow with multiple refreshes.

666 Views, 2 Replies
08-24-2011 08:56 AM

I've been running into an issue with the Layer Properties Manager recently in AutoCAD 2011. It frequently becomes very slow by refreshing the layers multiple times when a selection is made within the Manager. The refresh is so slow, I can count each layer as it is diplayed, and sometimes it refreshes as many as 5 times for each selection. This is painfully slow, even on drawings with relatively few layers.

This does not occur with any other feature in AutoCAD.

Anybody have any ideas?

Valued Contributor
Julesagainn
Message 2 of 3 (630 Views)

Re: Layer Properties Manager, slow with multiple refreshes.

08-25-2011 01:14 PM in reply to: edurham

Try CLASSICLAYER. I had to make a button for it, as I'm in and out of layers constantly, and the new layer dialog was making me insane.

Valued Contributor
Julesagainn
Message 3 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: Layer Properties Manager, slow with multiple refreshes.

08-25-2011 01:16 PM in reply to: Julesagainn

You might also want to check for the layer filter bug that infiltrated hundreds of thousands of drawings around the CAD world - every time you XREF'ed or inserted all the previous layer filters would get stacked up. The bug has been fixed, but some of those drawings still contain that junk. Do a search for "layer filter delete" and you should get numerous solutions.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube