AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
pmarx
Message 1 of 3 (17,320 Views)

Layer Isolate doesn't really isolate

17320 Views, 2 Replies
11-18-2011 09:11 AM

This is more of a gripe than a question (but I would still be grateful if anyone has a solution). I’ve recently come to 2012 from 2008. Many changes have been an improvement but I’ve found one that’s not so hot IMO. Why did they change “layer isolate” to “layer fade and lock”?

For example, previously, if I wanted to change the properties of objects on a particular layer, I could perform the layer isolate command and everything else would be turned off. I couldn’t select anything else if I wanted to. Now, however, all the other layers are only locked against editing (and faded to whatever degree I have LAYLOCKFADECTL set to.) I still have to go through an extra step to select the type of object (line, polyline, hatch, block, etc.) if the type of property is specific to that entity.

Is there a better way I can do that which I’ve been doing for years?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (17,309 Views)

Re: Layer Isolate doesn't really isolate

11-18-2011 09:31 AM in reply to: pmarx

Why gripe, LAYISO and look at the command line for Settings.

Go back to 2008, same options were given to you.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 3 (17,283 Views)

Re: Layer Isolate doesn't really isolate

11-18-2011 11:44 AM in reply to: pmarx

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/ACD/2012/ENU/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4... for the SETTINGS option and what it can do (as well as watching the command line for choices as noted above).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube