Did you mean: 

Issues with removing a block from a drawing template

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Steenix
349 Views, 2 Replies

Issues with removing a block from a drawing template

I have a drawing template that contains a block that I just cannot find or get rid of.

What I have tried:

Editing the block to contain a large circle to make it easier to locate - couldn't find it

Used the QSELECT command on every layout tab to try and select the block by its name - couldn't find it

Used BLOCKREPLACE to try and just replace it with a block I don't with to remove from the drawing - CAD couldn't find any blocks to replace

After all of this, I still cannot purge the block from my drawing.

I read that you can export the dwg to a dxf file and open it in Notepad to locate the block. I have done so and found the block name in Notepad, but I have no idea how to interpret the information in this file.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: I should note I am using Autocad Civil 3D 2012 - I posted here because this didn't seem like a Civil 3D issue as much as it is just a general CAD issue. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: Steenix

My first thought is that the block is nested inside of another block.  That would make it s that the block is "used" but you still can't see it.  Also C3D has styles that use blocks -- if any of those styles use this block, then that's another case of it being used.

There are two possibilities to check.  What is the block?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
Steenix
in reply to: doni49

Thank you for your reply!

The block is a "gas valve" block we made in-house. I can't imagine it is nested within another block, but I can actually think of a style that may be using it. I'm going to check right now.

EDIT: Yep! You were 100% correct, it was used by a point style. I can't believe I didn't think of that haha.

Thank you so much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost