Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to visually indicate the start & end points on a line?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
402 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a way to visually indicate the start & end points on a line?

I know that I can find which points are which by checking the properties, but I am wondering if there is a way to (for example) edit the grips so that they indicate which end is which, like how they are used in dynamic blocks to show how an object can stretch. This isn't a problem that requires an imeediate fix, but would be nice if there were such an option.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

not with grips (if you don't want to develop such a tool), but it might help if you use a linetype that shows something like arrows showing the "flow direction"?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
doni49

What is it that you're trying to accomplish?  Is this just for a visual check of some sort?  Are you ok with just checking on screen?

There've been times that I just needed to see where one line ended and the next began.  I changed them to alternating colors.  That helped.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

There are times you might need to control the start-end direction for a line (or polyline) for machine tool direction or for custom linetypes with text   ex  ----HW-----

I forget how to check the direction (unless the obvious upside down text), but you can change the direction with the Reverse command (added in r2010).

(or Polyline Edit PE R)

I'm thinking maybe create a custom linetype for visual reference and then switch layers to a different linetype when finished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
GrantsPirate

A user named RENDERMAN over at cadtutor.net wrote one not too long ago.  Create a block for the start point and change that name in the lisp file to match, then run the lisp file.

Change the file name to MarkStartPoints.lsp.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost