Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation aborted, Result=193

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
dylan
8515 Views, 18 Replies

Installation aborted, Result=193

I am setting up deployments to install 2010. The deployment sets up correctly with no problems, but I am having problems getting it to install. I keep getting the error... "Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=193".

I can't figure out what the problem is. I have searched here, Autodesk support, and google. I have not been able to find any info on error 193. I have even downloaded and manually installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) before trying to installing from the deployment with the same results. I can install just fine from the disk, but I have 20+ workstations to upgrade and can't do them all from disk. It would take too much time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone point me in the right direction to get it corrected? I would greatly appreciate it!
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
mgonzalez
in reply to: dylan

I have just run into this same problem, did you ever find a solution?
--
matthew g.
Message 3 of 19
dylan

The only way I found to get around the problem was to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable first. After that, the deployment saw it was already installed and ignored it. It installed just fine after that. Its a pain to have to install it before running the deployment, but it only takes a minute or so to install I figured it betters to do it that way than to install a bunch of work stations using the disks and having to setup everything over and over again.

Here are the links to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package downloads at Microsofts website. Make sure to only download and install SP1 or you will get the same error.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) 32bit...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) 64bit...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

I hope that helps you out. Let me know if you have any problems. Edited by: jdonleyco on Jun 16, 2009 7:27 AM
Message 4 of 19
SteveCrow5000

We have the same issue but it will not ignore the installed pre-requisites and fails with

Going on to Vista 32 workstations.

C++ 2005 and 2008 installs ok as part of OS Build
MS .NET framework 3.5 installs ok as part of OS Build
MS Installer 3.1 installs ok as part of OS Build
AutoCAD Architecture 2009 installs and runs fine as part of OS Build
Revit Architecture 2009 installs and runs fine as part of OS Build

But… when running the the admin image for 2010 fails with the error below. (Extract from deployment log below.).

2009/7/2:11:25:49 ntctraining TRAIN01 === Setup started on TRAIN01 by ntctraining ===

2009/7/2:11:25:55 ntctraining TRAIN01 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=5

2009/7/2:11:25:49 ntctraining TRAIN01 === Setup started on TRAIN01 by ntctraining ===

2009/7/2:11:25:55 ntctraining TRAIN01 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=5

2009/7/2:11:25:56 ntctraining TRAIN01 === Setup ended ===

Firstly is this a known issue, and secondly is it possible to skip the installation of pre-requisites as they are all pre-installed before 2010 is deployed?

C++ 2008 is installing fine – the issue is with AutoCAD 2010 trying to deploy once this has been done; the error is generated and the deployment fails even with C++ 2008 already installed, and also fails without it.

How can you get it to ignore the pre-requisites?
Message 5 of 19
kirkcrawford

Greetings,

I think I have found the problem with Results=193.

I believe it is the directory structure. I change it to its default and it installed, no problem.

Hope this helps.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexcio
Message 6 of 19
avib

I am having the same issue:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=5

for 12 revit suits (2011)

I am getting the error with both standalone and network.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

I wouild try going to the Microsoft download site, search for, download &
install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) to see if that'll
fix the install problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx

Paul

wrote in message news:6381358@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am having the same issue:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation
aborted, Result=5

for 12 revit suits (2011)

I am getting the error with both standalone and network.
Message 8 of 19
avib

installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, does not help. It is properly installed on all the machines. I even tried installing Visual C++ 2010 beta, and that is not helping either.
Message 9 of 19
avib

new information,
the "microsoft c++ 2008 failed install aborted result = 5",
is only occuring on xp machines, all vista machines are installing the revit and autocad 2011 perfectly.

(and yes i have tried downloading from microsoft's site and installing directly, but it does not work)
Message 10 of 19
alainr345

Any news on the very bad AutoCAD installation process regarding error 193 ??? I could not install AutoCAD 2011  because of the same problem documented above. I had already C++ 2008 redist., so I uninstalled it, re-installed it (SP1) from the Microsoft URL documented above, same thing, AutoCAD install aborts right there. It may work on Vista but we're on Windows XP so I'm stuck... Thanks for any help. A. R.

Message 11 of 19
sivashivam

Install Autocad directly from DVD, not from hardisk.

I installed in xp machine successfully.

Message 12 of 19
KendraKuzma5522
in reply to: alainr345

It is October 2011 and still no fix for this?  I have 12 hours invested so far and still  get error -Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86) failed. I have been on the phone with my distributor who wants me to download the install and not use the DVD. With my connection it will take 12 hours and fail after about 6 hours. I have deleted and reinstalled every version of VC++ I can find and then run install and it still fails. I have uninstalled VC++ and let it load from DVD and still fails. I am seriously considering not re upping with ACAD. I cant afford the delays every year.

Message 13 of 19
shastry.sushruth

This worked for me :

Solution : Remove the existing copy of the VCredist that u have which actually has a conflict with the installer.

The story :

Guys.. My error was this :

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\Users\sushruth\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log
2011/12/17:10:46:55	sushruth	SPC	Install	Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1603

So i went to that location 

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\

And tried to execute it myself. I got this error :

A newer version of this package is already installed on your computer

So what i did was, i removed the existing copy and let the installer install the copy that came with it. now it works! I signed up just to share this info 🙂

Message 14 of 19
marcflu

This works:

Change the directory of the install !!

I made it Autodesk_"name of program"

and not just Autodesk

This seemed to make it work. I have 3DS Max Design 2012 installed and wanted to install the 2013 version.

It works now..

Message 15 of 19

thankyou! this also worked for me too.

I tried updating the files via microsoft and installing every virsion from 2005-2012 which did not work, when i removed them all it installed.

Thanks

Message 16 of 19
赵岚鹏

I have the same question , and haven't sovle the problem,have you?

Message 17 of 19
赵岚鹏

I met the same problem with you, and I can't install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package . when I run the insaller ,it allways sent back "error 1935" and I don't kown how to do. My computer is powered by macrosoft win10 x64 . I hope to get your help and thank you!

Message 18 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: 赵岚鹏

@赵岚鹏

This posting is 4 years old...  What Autodesk application are you trying to install?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 19
natasha.l
in reply to: 赵岚鹏

Hello @赵岚鹏,

Thank you for taking part in the community. We will need some more information, please locate your Windows TEMP folder. You can do this by going to the Windows Start > type Run in the search box (shortcut Win.key+R) and typing %TEMP% into the box and clicking OK. 

Run.png

Sort by Date or Name and find the Autodesk product and save the installation .log file. Please attach this log file to your reply.

Note: Log files sometimes contain private information such as serial numbers, please remove this information.

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report