AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

p1k
p1k
Message 1 of 4 (2,454 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installation Autocad after uninstal

2454 Views, 3 Replies
09-17-2012 02:44 PM

I have uninstalled autocad 2010 because i was not anymore able to open autocad. I got a splash screen wich closed direct after it opend. Or I got a popup "Unable to load AcDb resourse file". I have followed the instructions  on this site to solve this problem without results.

I tride to do a new installation but while trying i get a mesage "autocad 2010 is already installed your computer".

There are 3 dll files left on my computer and an empty folder. First is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcSignCore16.dll

Second is  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx\AcShellExtension.dll Third is  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx\AcSignCore.dll And the fourth is  Netwerk\MyPC\Autocad 2010Share . The last one is an empty folder wich I cannot open. (0Kb)

All those files I cannot remove

How can I instal my Autocad 2010 again?

Thanks for your solution.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (2,446 Views)

Re: Installation Autocad after uninstal

09-17-2012 02:53 PM in reply to: p1k

Hi,

>> All those files I cannot remove

Start your Windows in safe-mode (when Windows is start to boot press <F8> to get the option). Then there are only a limited number of services running and so these files are not locked.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
p1k
p1k
Message 3 of 4 (2,429 Views)

09-18-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: p1k

Thanks for this info.

In the mean time I have found an other solution.

Microsoft has a clean up utility that should allow you to remove blocked programs and clean up the registery.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

I have let it run on my computer and after that I was able to instal Autocad 2010 again.

So my problem is solved.

Thanks again.

jldemaine
Message 4 of 4 (2,205 Views)

10-10-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: p1k

Alison

This solution is for 2010, not 2013. Does this apply to 2013 as well?

Does 2013 need this four files?

The Microsoft Fix ask if I am having a problem installing or uninstalling software. I am doing neither.

The one thing Microsof Fixt shows I have two verions of AutoCAD 2013 installed. Is one for the MEP Version?

I have two install logs.

AutoCAD 2013 Install.log.

AutoCAD 2013(en-us)Install.log 

I would attach but they both exceed the file size limit.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube