AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
dmmeehan
Message 1 of 4 (163 Views)

Incompatible Xrefs

163 Views, 3 Replies
01-25-2013 01:53 PM

I have some drawings that were converted from DGN's. These drawings xref other converted dgns. Now when I return to plot a set that was complete, several of the xrefs that were loaded are listing as incompatible. I've opened up the xref files and they are not 2013 format. To fix the issue I only need to browse to the xref location and reselect the xref in question as if I am changing the path. Why is it listing as incompatible? It clearly should be. I'm now going thru 50 drawings and re-pathing to the same xref files several times in each drawing. What happened? Files were not relocated, folder names are have not changed. The xref file save date indicates it hasn't been touched in almost a year. What happened? why?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (148 Views)

Re: Incompatible Xrefs

01-26-2013 07:04 AM in reply to: dmmeehan

Hi,

what happens if you try to start command _RECOVERALL instead of opening the drawing with _OPEN?

(before trying that I would backup the DWGs/DGNs to be sure to hold their original file-format)

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)

01-27-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: dmmeehan

What is the exact error message? Post a screenshot please.

You are only describing a missing path, not much else.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Mentor
Nik-D
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)

01-28-2013 01:07 AM in reply to: dmmeehan

There is a separate program in the Autodaes folder in the START menu called Reference Manager which should be able to take away some of the pain of re-referencing all those drawings

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube