SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
-m-
Contributor
1089 Views, 5 Replies

** Inactive Layer Control Toolbar **

(ACAD LT 2012)

Hello!

I have the LAYER CONTROL TOOLBAR Up... the thing that shows Layer Properties Manager...Layer ON/OFF / Freeze/Thaw Layer Name etc....

PROBLEM: 

When I click on an object, it does not show me what layer it is on.  And I can't use it to change the layer of the object  either.  It's totally inactive.  

QUESTION:

Has anybody else had this issue, or come across how this can BECOME ACTIVE?

Thanks.

-M-

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: -m-

Sounds like Noun/Verb selection is turned off.

Change PICKFIRST to 1

Message 3 of 6
-m-
Contributor
in reply to: nestly2

lol -- wait, you were joking right?

I just now realized that I was in the wrong part of the forums.
I'm glad this worked for ACAD LT.

Thanks for the solution -- it worked. Although now I'm wondering what would have caused it to go to 0 in the first place.

-M-

[edited] What a gyp... i can no longer edit my original post to provide solution.  I know that's a button that takes me TO the solution, but I like to Edit the Original and just put it right there under the question in Bold or RED. Oh well....

SOLUTION:(as provided by nestly2) Change PICKFIRST to 1

Message 4 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: -m-

@-m- wrote:

lol -- wait, you were joking right?

Actually .... no.  Noun/verb Selection is the "non-technical description" used in OPTIONS for the PICKFIRST variable.

Noun/verb, means you can select the object(s) (noun) before choosing the action (verb), otherwise you must choose the command first, then select the objects, which obviously doesn't work with some AutoCAD features.  Note:  The Ribbon Layer Control doesn't adhere to Noun/Verb selection, it works on selected object(s) either way.

Pickfirst.png

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out, and yeah, there is a time limit for editing posts... I've been burned by that too.

Message 5 of 6
-m-
Contributor

...wow. Interesting. I'm sure there's a reason, but I can't of time where you wouldn't want to know what layer the line/objects you select are on.

Anyhow, thanks again for the help and screenshot of NOUN/VERB thingamabobber...and for confirming that I can't go back to edit original post. I guess it's been quite awhiles since I was last here -- I was looking all over the place to edit....

-M-
Message 6 of 6
chandrusrj

Thank you Very Much. . I also faced the same problem. Now i got solution Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost