AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

outcastc
Message 1 of 7 (1,102 Views)

Importing excel table autocad entities

1102 Views, 6 Replies
02-21-2012 02:35 AM

hi. i want to import my excel table to autocad. but when i try to do this, the table is not corretcly import. im using paste special command and past to link. if i paste my file excel, image and other formats, i can not plot my draw. i attach my excel file.

note: i found a software that name is autotable. but its 150$. we dont want to buy an other software.

sorry for my english thanks

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (1,094 Views)

Re: Importing excel table autocad entities

02-21-2012 05:23 AM in reply to: outcastc

Plotting to what? Using what driver?

What does "not correctly imported" mean?

Seems to work just fine here, see attached and a PDF print test.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
outcastc
Message 3 of 7 (1,086 Views)

02-21-2012 07:15 AM in reply to: outcastc

have you red my post correctly? i dont want to import excel file copy and past. i want it to autocad entities (which is written on subject). look attached file. it created with an addon software

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 7 (1,075 Views)

02-21-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: outcastc

My English is BAD too but I can see your question as you wanted to PLOT the excel when it pasted into your Autocad.

"i want to import my excel table to autocad. but when i try to do this, the table is not corretcly import. im using paste special command and past to link. if i paste my file excel, image and other formats, i can not plot my draw. i attach my excel file."

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 7 (1,069 Views)

02-21-2012 08:21 AM in reply to: outcastc

Your add-on may be the problem then: attached is your file and a PDF print of it, works fine here. If there are errors in your table, I don't have the time to read each line, you will have to describe the problem better.

So what are you plotting to that it does not work? Your posts remain light on details.

outcastc
Message 6 of 7 (1,050 Views)

02-21-2012 11:55 PM in reply to: pendean

sorry for my bad english. if i past excel file to my draw it seems good and good seen print preview. but when i try to plot it  (i mean print my draw)  with hp designjet 500 plotter and its failing. excel file is not printing. only lines and draws printing. after that i found an addon and import excel file printing successfully done.

note: im printing minimum 4mt draw with scale (ex:4000x450 mm, 8257x620 mm etc.). because of this i dont create pdf file. i can not meausure and scale my draw in pdf.

so my question is how i can import attached excel file correctly (like addon makes) using past special command and choosing autocad entities.

my plotter has 192mb ram.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 7 of 7 (1,038 Views)

02-22-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: outcastc

Your HP500 driver may be the problem, nothing else: test on your end by plotting to PDF and DWF (which can be set to output full size as you wish), and test on other printers.

If needed, you can print the PDF or DWF to your HP500 driver while you wait for someone to offer a fix for your HP500.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube