Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Points

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bwahaha28
638 Views, 12 Replies

Importing Points

Can anyone help me import points (multiple) with label and codes? Im using cad 2012. Thanks! 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: bwahaha28

Import from what?
Message 3 of 13
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Pendean

You are speaking about :

- CSV files like  X,Y,Z,Label,Code  or  X;Y;Z;Label;Code

- XLS files with the same Info

- or what ?

The Health, Happy New Yaer, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
bwahaha28

I want to import points from .csv (E,N,elev,D). Is this possible? thanks! 🙂

Message 5 of 13
Jay_B

This should topic be posted over in in the Civil 3D General Forum

The Point and Survey Tutorials will help get you started on the right track with setting up the Points & Survey features properly in Civil 3D.

If that Point File Format doesn't exist you can create a custom Point File Format. Help

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 13
bwahaha28

Uhm... Im not using cad civil 3d.. Im using the simple autocad 2012.. Im wondering if it is possbile to import points from .csv.. If not how can i input my points penzd to autocad 2012 (NOT civil3d)? Is it possible that it will also diplay point label?
Message 7 of 13
Jay_B

Sorry to have made the Civil 3d assumption. Since you asked a closely related question in the civil 3d forum it seemed they may have been related.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Working-with-Description-Keys/td-p/4758793

IMHO, if I had access to AutoCad and Civil 3d I would choose Civil 3d to import points and create the point table.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 13
bwahaha28

Yep,its a lot easier using civil 3d..., but i only have simple cad 2012 in my pc. Sometimes i have access to civil3d if my officemate with civil3d is not using his pc. I want to maximize my 2012 cad.
Message 9 of 13
Jay_B

There are no built in commands which will import and label point #'s, descriptions, coordinates and elevations found in basic AutoCad.

A third party or some customization is required.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 13
pendean

... Or using your colleagues Civil3d station.
Message 11 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I want to import points from .csv (E,N,elev,D). Is this possible?

It's easier if you have an app doing the import, but you can do this using Excel too.

Open the file in Excel, use formulas to create a new column in the XLS that you can then use with copy+paste to the commandline in AutoCAD.

You need also a block holding an attribute for "D" (I guess it's "description", but wondering why there is no pointnumber in the CSV).

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 12 of 13
TerryDotson

... i only have simple cad 2012 in my pc.

Obtain a 30-day full working evaluation of MapWorks Points and import your points.  It's Point File Convert Text will accept any ascii file, you simply tell it the separator and field order.

Message 13 of 13
braudpat
in reply to: TerryDotson

Hello from France

I am using a nice VLisp routine from Gilles (gile) to import this kind of file ... MAT,X,Y,Z

It works on any AutoCAD 201x (even on ACAD Architecture, MEP, MAP, CIVIL, etc)

Input file has to be a 4 fields/columns text file with separator like : <space> or , or ;

You must have a Block READY with 2 attributs :  MAT  and  ALT

MAT (1st attribute) can be anything but it is in fact the first column/field of the input file

ALT (2nd attribute) will be automatically filled with the Z column/field (ALT = Altitude)

Of course the Block is inserted a the X Y Z coords of the input file ...

I have made "minimum" translation of this routine : TOPO2

And I have retested this US/English version of TOPO2 on my MAP 2014 and MAP 2011, so ...

Here a test input file :

MAT001,11,12,1
MAT002,21,22,2
MAT003,31,32,3

In the ZIP file, you will find : the Block DWG, the TOPO2 routine, the test input file ...

You can insert FIRST somewhere the Block "BLOC_MAT_ALT" in your DWG

then TOPO2

then choose the Block Name or select it or Browse

then OK

then you browse to find your input file

the choose the separator

and then let's go ...

You can change the visibility of the ALT attribute if you don't want to see it !?

Bye, Pat (Thks to Gilles)

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost