AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)

Identifying Drawing Process - Help

115 Views, 2 Replies
10-10-2012 06:45 AM

My company currently uses a stamp, not plot stamp but actual stamp, to denote what stage a drawing is at when printed. I have used the AutoCAD plot stamp to add this stamp automatically in the past and management liked how it looked and asked if I could do a version for each of our drawing processes so we can automate this process to avoid using the actual stamp, which adds a lot of time to the printing process honestly.

So my question,

I am AutoCAD savvy enough to make this happen without a hitch, however the users I need to teach this process to are not. Is there a way I can write a script or LISP to perform this task?

The task I am performing currently - In the steps I do it:

1) Plot

3) Plot Stamp Settings...

4) Deselect ALL Plot Stamp Fields

5) Add User Defined Fields - This varies based on the drawing process

6) OK

7) Set up printing setting then plot/publish

Now you may be asking if I have to do this each time I plot/publish... The answer is no. I only rarely actually do this however, like I mentioned above, management seems to want to do this more often. So I need to simplify this process.

I could write a LISP to change the PlotStamp settings then set up the Plot and go, but that's per drawing and I need it more for publish and I do not want to write a publish LISP as AutoCAD already has it and I don't re-invent the wheel.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated...

*Expert Elite*
leothebuilder
Message 2 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Identifying Drawing Process - Help

10-10-2012 03:45 PM in reply to: AQucsaiJr

Do you use the sheet set manager?

If you do use sheet set manager, in the publish dialog box you can set or change your plot stamp and have that apply to the whole plan set.

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (81 Views)

Re: Identifying Drawing Process - Help

10-11-2012 04:52 AM in reply to: leothebuilder

We do not use sheet set manager.

I will look into your option to see if its implementation would be easier than mine however. Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube