Did you mean: 

I need someone with 2010 running to try this for me

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GrantsPirate
314 Views, 3 Replies

I need someone with 2010 running to try this for me

I need someone to test the perpendicular grip stretch editing on 2010.  See image attached.  I thought that in 2010 the grip stretch on a line would result in the line being perp to another line rather than pulling the point perp to the line, again see the image for a better explanation.  Then in 2011 it switched and started working another way.  Then in 2013, or maybe 2012, they added the old option back so you get either one as shown in the attached.

Please try it on 2010 and let me know.

Thanks.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: GrantsPirate

I don't have 2010 installed, but if I understand the question correctly, the behavior you're describing also existed in AutoCAD2011, but was fixed with one of the 2011 SP's to standardize the Perp behavior between Lines and Plines.

Here's a demo I made back-in-the-day with 2011 prior to installing the SP.   http://www.screencast.com/users/nestly/folders/Default/media/e8e24ba7-b910-49a9-8f95-5455e9a02e5f

Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: nestly2
Message 4 of 4
GrantsPirate
in reply to: nestly2

nestly2 - thanks, that confirms what I was remembering.  I more often (maybe always) am wanting to set the two lines perpendicular to one another so I am glad they made it work both ways now.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost