Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
borderliner
282 Views, 6 Replies

Hyperlinks

Hi, is there a solution to the hyperlink hanging almost everyone's computer?

As soon as I click on the hyperlink, I don't get the dialog box, just a spinning, thinking, mouse icon.

We're running Civil 3D 2012 and I wanted to include a hyperlink on our company logo in the titleframe. Sounded simple enough.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

tried now C3D 2012 (x64), I can start command _HYPERLINK and I get the dialog, no problem.

Have you waited long enough after you selected the object? Or don't you get the chance to select the object?

The first time I start the command, after selecting an object it uses a few seconds (about 15-20 sec) before the dialog comes up. It seems to scan through the users "recent files" list and last used hyperlinks ....The more you have in that cache the longer the dialog needs for starting.

Give the dialog soem time to appear, then search for the positions what history data is stored in "last files", "searched pages" and "used links" (sorry, if that wording is not translated correctly from my German version) and use then system-utilities to clean that history files.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Hi Alfred, I click on Hyperlink and I can select an object, then it locks up and doesn't respond.

I've left if for maybe 3-4 minutes waiting for it to come back but nothing happens.

I'm not sure which files / history you want me to clean up though.

If you can explain a little more hopefully it'll become clear to me.

Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 7

Unfortunately the first run of the HYPERLINK command (in a session) can be quite slow - it browses the history and contents of the Documents folder (including any subfolders and shortcuts). This scanning may take minutes on large folders.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: borderliner

2012 is prone to this issue, I had the same exact problems: are these hyperlinks carried over from an earlier version of AutoCAD?

AFAIK the only cure is to start over.

Message 6 of 7
borderliner
in reply to: pendean

I've never been able to get hyperlinks to work in any version of AutoCAD i've had. Ever. It always hangs the machine.

And I've doing this a while, since 1987!!!

Thanks though.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7

I'll give another go and just leave for as log as I can. It's all installed on a relatively new machine though, so there isn't all that much history. We'll see.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost