Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink in PDF created from AutoCAD Drawing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
kparr
8050 Views, 11 Replies

Hyperlink in PDF created from AutoCAD Drawing

Three years ago I created a drawing in which I inserted Hyperlinks into the drawing. When I made a PDF from the drawing the Hyperlinks were still there and worked correctly from the PDF. Not sure which version of AutoCAD this was created from. I am now using 2012 and have tried to repeat the process but when I create the PDF the Hyperlinks are not there. Please can you advise.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: kparr

Which PDF driver did you use back in the day?
Which PDF driver are you using now?
Message 3 of 12
kparr

Sorry I don't know which PDF driver I used then. How would I know which driver I am using now? I just created from within AutoCAD from Export-PDF.

Regards,
Ken Parr
Barrow Mill
England
Kimberly-Clark

Tel': +44 1229 495385
E-Mail*: kparr@kcc.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. Thank you.

You are now using the built-in PDF driver, which I believe does not support the feature: you will have to PLOT to a DWF first, then open the DWF and plot to a PDF driver in Windows to get what you want.

Back in the day you probably used a 3rd party PDF driver, perhaps Adobe Acrobat full version. That may still be an option to cnsider, try before you buy of course.
Message 5 of 12
kparr
in reply to: pendean

Not used DWF Can you please take me through step by step how I do that. I do have Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard on my machine. Does this mean if I go to Page setup in the drawing and select Adobe PDF as my printer I can then go to export - PDF and it should retain the Hyperlinks?

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. Thank you.

Did this ever get an answer?  I have tried a direct export from AutoCAD 2014.  I have printed a pdf from design review using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro... no luck.  Apparently I need a preset called Rich Content Pdf, which I can't find anywhere.  I have tried to print using the latest and greatest bluebeam, downloaded a trial this morning. No luck.  I have complained to everyone I can think of that Autodesk does not provide a dwf reader for the Mac OS or IPad that isn't some form of 360 and tried to remind Autodesk that not all construction sites have web access.  Dwfx's work great but without the Mac version it is a challenging sell.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

1. Autodesk stopped making a DWF viewer for Windows too: cloud-based is their future approach.
2. The built-in PDF driver is limited: if you want more choices look to purchase a solution from Adobe or Bluebeam or a host of other PDF-focused vendors (not sure about your choiceless MAC platform).
Message 8 of 12
cparvez
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the reply.  Sometimes I feel that Autodesk is ashamed of dwf's...  anyway I have been trying to print a pdf without loosing the links and can't do it.  I have been looking for the Rich Content Pdf preset from Adobe but can't find it and am not able to get the hyperlinks to come out with Bluebeam either.  Does anyone know what is in the hyperlink/pdf magic sauce?

Message 9 of 12
tbalian
in reply to: cparvez

FYI. This is possible in 2017 for sure and I believe in 2016 as well. If you select the DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter, there is a new "PDF Options..." button. Make sure "Include hyperlinks" is checked.

Message 10 of 12
adriaan2014
in reply to: tbalian

I do have the adobe pro and autocad 2015, how to get a PDF with hyperlinks??

Message 11 of 12
adriaan2014
in reply to: adriaan2014

From DWG to DWF to PDF does not work either.. .

See here the dwf hyperlink does work, but then to PDF it does not work..

Some special options i need to use?

dwf.JPG

Message 12 of 12
alfredolopezvidal

Its neccesary to convert/print the pdf file through the publishing tool. So you need to print/publish more than one plan. Select the group of layouts and with the right mouse button click and go to the (publish selected layouts). then you can enter in the publisher where you can see on the right part publisher options... theis is the way you have to print in order to get the hyperkinks in your pdf file.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost