Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate multiple dtext and how to mask dtext?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbtulga
475 Views, 5 Replies

How to rotate multiple dtext and how to mask dtext?

Dear all,

I have one problem. I'm using Civil 3D 2012 version, but I cannot rotate multiple singleline text. I want to rotate by 180 deg each text. Attached screen shot. 

Tulga

AutoCad.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: dbtulga

Welcome to the Forums

dtext cannot have a mask.

You can't rotate individual objects in a selection around their own base point.

You can however go into properties. Click on the ANGLE setting. use the quickcalc button and add 180 to the angle, and the text will rotate through 180 degrees.

OR you can select each individual text object. Right click on the base grip, choose rotate and type in 180

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
pendean

FYI, dtext is a command name, the objects it creates are just called TEXT (vs MTEXT objects).
Message 4 of 6
pendean

Why not convert all the TEXT to MTEXT using the free express tool command then just add the masking you want using PROPERTIES palette?
Message 5 of 6
FSJ_Mo
in reply to: pendean

or,...simply use the contour labelling that comes with C3D, making sure to use the background mask option

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@dbtulga wrote:

... I cannot rotate multiple singleline text. I want to rotate by 180 deg each text. Attached screen shot. 

Here's what I use:  SpinText.lsp and its SpinText command.  You give it an amount of rotation, and it rotates each selected Text or Mtext entity [you can restrict it to one or the other, or go for both] by the same amount around its own insertion point.  You also have the option to have it find all such entities, or let you select them.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost