Did you mean: 

How to reduce ram using AutoCAD2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MountainStone
770 Views, 8 Replies

How to reduce ram using AutoCAD2012

problem: 

when I use Autocad2012 32 bit, it take a lot of Ram even open it with nothing.

Does somebody know how to reduce Ram as less as possible?

you will be appriciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

how much memory does it use when just opened?

And what functionality do you NOT use?

What operating system are you running?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
pendean
in reply to: MountainStone

32bit Windows? XP? Nothing much you can do except to turn off all background running applications, and set your anti-virus to ignore AutoCAD and all of it's files.
Message 4 of 9
jggerth1
in reply to: pendean

Dropping back, and asking the basic question -- why do you care how much RAM autocad uses, and why would you want it to use _less_?

Generally speaking, any application will use all the memory it needs to use, and it's much more effective if the application is using RAM instead of swapping to disk constantly. 

Message 5 of 9
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: jggerth1

Perhaps OP should search these forums for that treatise called Speed Up AutoCAD?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 9

about 100M , system Win7 32bit

Message 7 of 9
MountainStone
in reply to: jggerth1

Actually , I have to open CAD together with PDM system( also take lots of ram), so will slow down the computer, even it's 4G Ram. or have some good way to speed up CAD
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

from your first post:

>> when I use Autocad2012 32 bit, it take a lot of Ram even open it with nothing

from last post:

>> about 100M

Sorry, my Outlook needs 200MB and Firefox 300MB after a few minutes, if you have problems when (nowadays) a software needs 100MB then you have to change to 64bit. For AutoCAD 100MB is really not much (btw. when I start AutoCAD 2012 it uses 350MB)!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9

yes, from quantity, it's not so much. But the reason i doubt about that is my computer is slow, and after check all the software, I find CAD take most resource, so I guess maybe it's problem where it is.
And, thank your kindly help all the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost