Did you mean: 

How to lock my ribbon panels?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bluefox
4826 Views, 4 Replies

How to lock my ribbon panels?

I rearranged the order of the panels of the "Home" tab to suit the way I like them to be. When i come in for work and open AutoCAD for the first time, or even if I need to shut it down and open it back up, not only does AutoCAD not start in my profile, but when I do set my profile to current, all of the panels rearrange themselves into default location. I even went into the 'Tools> Customize> Interface' menu to change the order the panels are set in there, but it still doesn't work. Everyday, I need to manually change their locations.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: bluefox

Click the little paddle lock on lower right of the screen>Docked Toolbars/Panels, this will lock your CUI.

It uses the setting variable LOCKCUI which has several settings choices for.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
dgorsman

When you start AutoCAD, do so from a desktop shortcut that includes the /p "Profile name here" argument.  AutoCAD should restore the last set workspace.  You can also include the /w "Workspace name here" argument to force AutoCAD to start with a specific workspace.

Note that some third-party applications require a specific profile and workspace to function.  They may also include programmatically created Ribbon content which is a PITA to manage with workspaces.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle

OP if you go to Workspace Switching ( the little gear icon) --> Workspace Settings, do you have the radio button selected for "Automatically save workspace changes"?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 5
bluefox
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Click the little paddle lock on lower right of the screen>Docked Toolbars/Panels, this will lock your CUI.

It uses the setting variable LOCKCUI which has several settings choices for.

@Bob_Zurunkle wrote:

OP if you go to Workspace Switching ( the little gear icon) --> Workspace Settings, do you have the radio button selected for "Automatically save workspace changes"?

I don't know which one of these is what worked, because I did them at the same time...so I marked both of yours as accepted solution, lol. Thanks guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost