Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw segment elbow 90 degrees and create Flat Pattern ?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ASAJE
4306 Views, 7 Replies

How to draw segment elbow 90 degrees and create Flat Pattern ?

Good Morning,

Just a quick confirmation please, We are a fabrication company however this particular job requires 2 No 90 Deg elbows to suit Dia. 800mm ducting. Because the bends are not available we intend to "roll" 4mm plate to suit the elbow as a facetted unit.

However my concern is we need to supply our profilers with the correct flat pattern for us to roll. Therefore can someone confirm the dimensions/conclusion I have attached are correct?

Thanks in advance,

Alan Stewart

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: ASAJE

I don't believe they are:

DuctComments.png

I think [without analyzing too deeply] that the shape of the edges will be a form of a sine curve.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 8
ASAJE

Kent,

Thanks for coming back to me. This is what I was concerned about and unfortunately I don't have modelling skills/capabilities to try it and see how it turns out.

I'm awaiting a response from a local engineering workshop for a response as they will model it in Inventor or similar.

Thanks,

Alan

Message 4 of 8
GrantsPirate
in reply to: ktsaleej

I followed the link in post 4, 90° bend, generated the lisp file, copied it and loaded in 2020, had the flat pattern in a matter of less than a second.  Very nice.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 8
lovecraft

GP, I don't see the post (#4?) you're referencing here.  Can you supply this link?  This flat pattern generating lisp file sounds pretty cool.  Thanks in advance.

LC 🙂

Message 6 of 8
ktsaleej
in reply to: lovecraft

Message 7 of 8
lovecraft

Thanks for that, sir....will have to study this a bit more to determine how I might use this routine.

LC 😃

Message 8 of 8
Sea-Haven

Tried it out very nice not sure what the <br> is just removed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost