Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use Xref layer states in fromat sheets?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gnarkill283
1286 Views, 2 Replies

How do you use Xref layer states in fromat sheets?

I know theres probably thousands of threads on this but I can't seem to find one that specifically deals with my situation and I'm a bit of a noob at acad. My office has content files with layer states that are xrefed into format sheets (don't ask me why we do it this but its just the way things are here), and all I am trying to do is have the layer states, which I set up in the xrefed file, be used in the format sheet file while keeping all the layers in the format sheet the way they are. Now what happens currently is that in the fromat sheet when I click the layer state tab, I can see the layer state of the xref (I can't see this in the layer state manager dialog box) and when I click one, the layers change to the appropriate xrefed layer states but turns everything else off. Yes I could just turn on all the layers I want in the format sheet but that takes a while to do and I also want to be able to keep refreshing the xrefed layer state without affecting the layers in the format sheet. So I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jggerth1
in reply to: gnarkill283

In the Layer States Manager dialog, look for the Restore Options,  by default the option to "Turn off layers not found in layer state" is checked,  Uncheck it.

Message 3 of 3
gnarkill283
in reply to: jggerth1

WOW. I can't believe that its that simple. Why on earth does the drop down layer state tab behave differently from the dialog box I will never understand. Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost