Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fit title block in to 11"-17" paper space????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
juchauhan007
8672 Views, 5 Replies

How can I fit title block in to 11"-17" paper space????

I am trying to use a title block I made as a template in a paperspace. I made the title block in the model space of a separate drawing. When I insert it into the paperspace of the drawing that I want to use the title block in the drawing of the title block is smaller than the white rectangle which represents the paper size of 11" - 17". I can insert viewports and print the drawing fine, but the drawing of my title block being smaller than the white area of the paperspace bugs me. How do I make title block bigger? I've attached an image of what I'm Talking about.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: juchauhan007

What is the size of the title block? (280mmx410mm will give "plot area" title block for 11x17)

What are the settings in the Page Setup Manager?

It looks like you inserted the titleblock into modelspace not paperspace. (The highlighted viewport on the left image gave me that inclination)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6
dmfrazier

The size of the "white area of the paperspace" is determined by the page size selected in the page setup for the layout tab.  Confirm that this is set to the dimensions you want.

If the titleblock is "changing size" (coming in at a different size than what you expect) when you insert it (check this by measuring its length and width), it may mean that your units are defined differently in the two DWGs.  In the destination DWG, run the UNITS command and check the units to scale inserted content setting.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

You don't have a scale set for your viewport: or is 1.435896 a scale you really aimed for? That will probably cure the issue for you.
Message 5 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle

OP go to paperspace and draw an 11x17 rectangle on the defpoints layer, with the lower left corner at 0,0. Use the page setup manager to create the default output setup. You will have to go into the output properties to use Modify Standard Paper Sizes, during which you'lll set all margins to zero.

Now bring in the copy of your titleblock. I assum you have a border drawn at the same ratio of 11 units by 17 units? You can place its lower left corner at 0,0, and then scale by reference to get it to 11x17.

If its ratio is not 11x17 you should scale the longest side by reference, and then move it by its short side to line up midpoint to midpoint with the 11" side on the defpoints rectangle.

If all else fails you may have to manually adjust your titleblock.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 6
pendean

Untitled.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost